The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok seriously. Ill admit that alot of stuff you do not really need for a car. But lack of power is unacceptable. Randomly ill pick the rediculously expensive Enzo that doesnt come with power windows. And I dont want to hear that bull that that 5 pound motor would have added too much weight. Whats the real reason companies leave of power options in exotics? Ill give the LP 640 lambo a pass on the powerless seats. Its so little leg room that the seat will always be as far back as it can go.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
I wish you could get exiges/elises with roll up windows in this country... but not even for the weight savings... I just despise them
I think you can:up: Pretty sure some of the first 05s had wind up windows!

·
Registered
361 Posts
US elise's do come with roll up windows, not sure what year that started tho

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My 06 has winders. That's how I wanted the car.

It seems super silly to me to have power windows in such a cool car. Call me old fashioned. But don't call me old.

The only "power" option I have missed is cruise control, but that was only one 660 mile trip.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
The '05-'07 Elise without the Touring package have manual windows. With the Touring package, power windows.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I prefer manual cloth seats over power leather. I prefer no sunroof or ridiculous pampering. If I bought an exotic, I would much prefer it not have a lot of silly luxury options. The F40 is the model of what I think an exotic should be.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
This is a Lotus forum, most of us will think power windows are too heavy anyway. (Except for the odd situation that contemporary 111's have in which the powered windows are lighter than the "windy-up" windows.)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have touring windows...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
The '05-'07 Elise without the Touring package have manual windows. With the Touring package, power windows.

I thought the '07s came standard with power windows even without TP :p

Power seats will add a considerable amount of weight. I wish more sports cars had manually operated seats.

I didn't know the Enzo had manual windows, but I suppose that's to convey an image that the Enzo is a race car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I specifically wanted an Elise without power windows (non touring), in fact the power locks piss me off... Now, the AC that really pisses me off, and unless you live in AZ or some other desert it's a joke, and if the AC is anywhere as functional as the heating... Well you get the point.
I think that Lotus missed the mark on that one, thinking that they couldn't sell in the states without AC. Most folks that got their Elise's for vanity purposes ditch them for other reasons having nothing to do with the cushy amenities that were or weren't present...

For many of us the Elise is the closest thing to a race car that we will ever own, and as such it's sparse minimalist nature suites the car and those that understand it.
I just with that the marketing guys had kept their little paws off of it...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Now, the AC that really pisses me off, and unless you live in AZ or some other desert it's a joke, and if the AC is anywhere as functional as the heating... Well you get the point.
I think that Lotus missed the mark on that one, thinking that they couldn't sell in the states without AC.
I think that's possibly why they offered the A/C delete option.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
And I dont want to hear that bull that that 5 pound motor would have added too much weight. Whats the real reason companies leave of power options in exotics?
Uh... That seems like a pretty good reason to me.

You're looking at it like it's only one item. Like saying, "Oh gee whiz, having one double-bacon-cheeseburger isn'g going to make me fat." But the reality is if you allow yourself to think like that pretty soon you'll have have a 4000lb Enzo. You've got to establish the weight-saving philosophy and stick to it everywhere you can.

xtn

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Uh... That seems like a pretty good reason to me.

You're looking at it like it's only one item. Like saying, "Oh gee whiz, having one double-bacon-cheeseburger isn'g going to make me fat." But the reality is if you allow yourself to think like that pretty soon you'll have have a 4000lb Enzo. You've got to establish the weight-saving philosophy and stick to it everywhere you can.

xtn
Word. Mazda apparently would shave mere grams of mass off of the Miata just to save as much weight as possible. Well, that's what their website says.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts