The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone PPF over the rear decals? (the flat sticker ones, not ones with depth)

I know halo effect can happen when you go that route, but would be interested in anyone has and how it turned out. Prefer not to remove if I didn't have to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know it's a totally different animal, but hopefully this should help you. I had custom graphics made for my Raptor, then had Expel PPF put over the top. It's actually a 2 layer graphic. The big gray vinyl panel has a slightly darker Raptor laid on top. I actually like the look better with the PPF on top. It gave what looks like a very fine outline to the RAPTOR part of the graphic, which I really like. A good shop can hook you up, really nice PPF is more on the techs doing the work, than it is on the materials.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Hood

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Maybe it will protect the decal and prevent what members posted earlier about their coming off

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Maybe it will protect the decal and prevent what members posted earlier about their coming off

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Only downside is PPF has a limited lifespan. removing the film will probably remove the decal. On my Exige I cut a window in the film for the Exige S decal. I would buy several of the OEM decals if doing this, just so if you get a scuffy in the parking lot you are not sans decal when they are NLA

·
Registered
160 Posts
The STEK PPF I had put on is warranted for 10 years, without peeling or yellowing.
Since my car is garaged the "kids" said it would last even longer. And STEK has a ceramic coating on it so it's hydrophobic as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts