The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to officially join the Lotus community and found one for sale that I am interested in.

I've searched around the forum a little bit and see ~$150-300 range for a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) at other Lotus dealerships that seem quite comprehensive (ecu dump, compression test etc.). I live in an area that has a local Lotus dealership so I contacted them about a PPI. We played phone tag but they left a voicemail quoting $650 and just said they keep it "all day". They didn't provide any specifics about what was included. Is there anything special that could/ should be done that would justify a $650 price tag? I'm not trying to be stingy and I know catching a major problem upfront can save thousands in the long run, but based on other posts it seems high.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
I'm looking to officially join the Lotus community and found one for sale that I am interested in.

I've searched around the forum a little bit and see ~$150-300 range for a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) at other Lotus dealerships that seem quite comprehensive (ecu dump, compression test etc.). I live in an area that has a local Lotus dealership so I contacted them about a PPI. We played phone tag but they left a voicemail quoting $650 and just said they keep it "all day". They didn't provide any specifics about what was included. Is there anything special that could/ should be done that would justify a $650 price tag? I'm not trying to be stingy and I know catching a major problem upfront can save thousands in the long run, but based on other posts it seems high.
Maybe you could provide just a tiny speck of information. Where you're at, what model, year, mileage of Lotus etc. Dealership in question (again location would help) so others might point you elsewhere, as it doesn't have to be a dealership, just a knowledgeable shop. Just a thought. I know where you're at, but others here don't.

San

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you could provide just a tiny speck of information.
I guess that would be helpful! Sorry for the unintentionally vague first post. I'm looking at an early gen ('11) manual Evora w/ ~30k miles. Dealership outside of St. Louis, MO. Open to other local suggestions as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found an independant shop that works on exotics. They have worked on Lotuses (Loti?) before and are familiar with Evoras. Thanks all for the input!

·
Registered
65 Posts
In case it helps, I just had a ppi done on an elise at an independent Euro specialty shop in Washington. Very thorough(took about 1.5-2 hours), sent me a lot of pics since I couldn’t be there, and charged me about 240 after tax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts