The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm planning on purchasing an Evora from a gentleman in Dallas. I would like to have an inspection done. Can anyone recommend a good shop to bring the Evora for a PPI? Lotus of Plano said they don't offer this service.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
442 Posts
What ever you do...don't take it to Lotus of Plano...while they don't offer a "ppi" you could take it to a shop for an oil change and have them look over the car for significant flaws. Lotus of Plano not only missed things they broke off a under tray bolt in the chassis and then jerry rigged it to cover it up. Sorry I don't have a suggestion! You might send out a request for a current owner to look at the car. There are a lot of lotus owners that know the cars better than most shops.

·
Lotus Noobie
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What ever you do...don't take it to Lotus of Plano...while they don't offer a "ppi" you could take it to a shop for an oil change and have them look over the car for significant flaws. Lotus of Plano not only missed things they broke off a under tray bolt in the chassis and then jerry rigged it to cover it up. Sorry I don't have a suggestion! You might send out a request for a current owner to look at the car. There are a lot of lotus owners that know the cars better than most shops.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I've heard pretty bad things about Lotus of Plano as well, kind of glad they dont offer that service :p

I may reach out to a few members to see if they can take a look at the car for me. I wouldn't mind paying them to look it over for me. I'm pretty dead set on this Evora.

If anyone that lives in Dallas or near that area that has a great knowledge mechanically of these cars can help me out, I wouldn't mind paying you all for your service.

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts