The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum and looking at the Elise recently listed by kmb, wondering if any of you are familiar with the car and/or can recommend anyone to do a PPI on it before purchase? I appreciate any and all help with this!

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
103 Posts
There are a couple well versed memebers in the S WI area - Im in MKE near Miller Park, 2 time Elise owner (06NA, 11SC - current) and perform routine maint on these and our other vehicles. I'd be interested to help as a non-professional, otherwise, I'd suggest CS Motorsports (Lannon, WI - a Porsche race shop, but very compentant in my experience).
It's a lovely week in MKE, so I would prob drive the '11 to check it out.
I would suggest the records (maint, repair, upgrades, owners, locations), warranty, and output report from break in (if available) avaialble to review.
I would not charge for the review/writeup/visit.
MZ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a couple well versed memebers in the S WI area - Im in MKE near Miller Park, 2 time Elise owner (06NA, 11SC - current) and perform routine maint on these and our other vehicles. I'd be interested to help as a non-professional, otherwise, I'd suggest CS Motorsports (Lannon, WI - a Porsche race shop, but very compentant in my experience).
It's a lovely week in MKE, so I would prob drive the '11 to check it out.
I would suggest the records (maint, repair, upgrades, owners, locations), warranty, and output report from break in (if available) avaialble to review.
I would not charge for the review/writeup/visit.
MZ
Michael,

Thanks for the quick response and I would be very happy to have you take a look at the car. I think it is in the Milwaukee area and I am going up Friday afternoon to look at it. It is in the for sale section listed by KMB if you want to take a look at the listing. I have been around cars and racing off and on for 40 years but primarily Mustangs and while I love the Elise and what it represents, I am no even close to knowledgeable on them at this point. My plan was to spend the Winter researching/learning and shop in the Spring but this looks like a really great car/opportunity. I don't know your schedule for Friday but I would welcome you joining me.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
You might also consider King Motorsports in New Berlin. Scott is the owner and he has owned an Evora GT and currently owns an Elise Cup race car. He has worked on my Exige and Esprit and does good work. He's a race shop so he can also help setup the car if you are planning on tracking it.

Reactions: Region_Rat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might also consider King Motorsports in New Berlin. Scott is the owner and he has owned an Evora GT and currently owns an Elise Cup race car. He has worked on my Exige and Esprit and does good work. He's a race shop so he can also help setup the car if you are planning on tracking it.
Thanks, I appreciate the referral. I know autocross will be in my future but some track days wouldn't be a bad thing either!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
He actually just got my next race car running. Will be running this one in the Champ Car Endurance Series (pic is when it ran SCCA).

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
103 Posts
King MS is a good suggestion - pro shops are always best. I could be availble from 11-1pm CT that day. Pls PM me if you think that slot could work if you'd like a wingman to check the vehicle out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
King MS is a good suggestion - pro shops are always best. I could be availble from 11-1pm CT that day. Pls PM me if you think that slot could work if you'd like a wingman to check the vehicle out.
I am trying to get my post count up so I can PM! He is going to be home after 3 and I work until 3 so I won't be up there until probably 4-4:30. If you're willing and I like it maybe you can still check it out at another time. I am feeling pretty good about it but totally a Lotus noob when it comes to what to look for.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
I am trying to get my post count up so I can PM! He is going to be home after 3 and I work until 3 so I won't be up there until probably 4-4:30. If you're willing and I like it maybe you can still check it out at another time. I am feeling pretty good about it but totally a Lotus noob when it comes to what to look for.
You have enough post just need another day. Once you have the minimum it takes about an hour for the system to recognize you.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Thanks! Everyone has been so helpful I think I would buy an Elise even if I didn't like them just to be a part of the group!
LT really did give me the confidence that I would be able to maintain myself with the knowledge that is shared here.

·
Registered
2011 Elise SC
103 Posts
Im afraid I cant make it after ~noonish Friday, but could take a look sometime Monday (Im doing some volunteer work that day, so would prefer the afternoon. What's the Zip the car resides in? Next week could also be an option if your visit goes well.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Another possible PPI inspection would be Cassandra's Motorsports - Here For What Moves You in Pewaukee. Good People, though I don't know them personally.
I'd offer to meet to take a look at the car, but I'm about 45 mins north of Milwaukee, and my Friday afternoon is TBD at the moment.
I've heard good and bad things about King. If this elise is Honda powered, then it is a no brainer, take the car to King immediately. They are pretty anti-anything not Honda though, so....take that for what it's worth (not much coming from me lol).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im afraid I cant make it after ~noonish Friday, but could take a look sometime Monday (Im doing some volunteer work that day, so would prefer the afternoon. What's the Zip the car resides in? Next week could also be an option if your visit goes well.
Thanks for the update. I am planning to go tomorrow and will call in the reinforcements (you!) should I like the car and want to move forward. I appreciate everyone's help here at the beginning of the journey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts