The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
They used to have a Lotus dealership there. They have closed the Lotus portion but can still do a good PPI on it. It is the "Flow" dealer chain, a few of em in Cville but I would maybe take it to the Porche one because thats what the Lotus was attached to.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is no Lotus dealership in Charlotte. Flow was in Raleigh and lost their dealership, their reputation was terrible. Greenville dealership will not respond about any car older than an Elise, I've left multiple messages about my 97 Esprit V8 and they refuse to return the calls. You can try SunStoppers for PPI and they should be able to get pre-cut pieces.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Flow Lotus was in Winston Salem and shared a showroom with Fisker (of all brands). As far as I know, neither Charlotte nor Raleigh has ever had a Lotus dealership. Are you purchasing from a dealership or private party?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Flow Lotus was in Winston Salem and shared a showroom with Fisker (of all brands). As far as I know, neither Charlotte nor Raleigh has ever had a Lotus dealership. Are you purchasing from a dealership or private party?
Yes, Flow is in Winston-Salem and is no longer a dealer. I wasn't impressed too much with them and not too many other people were either. Their shop rate is about $160 and hour and they milked the clock on my Elise. All I wanted was the ECU firmware update done so it wouldn't lose the VIN, read the ABS code, and reset the airbag light and they milked me for $500 and 3 hours.

Raleigh didn't have a dealership, but Durham did on 15/501 - Lotus of Durham. I think it was part of the Sport Durst dealerships beside it. The building is now Sport Durst Power Sports. I figure they probably have the S2 Elise and Exige tools still sitting around somewhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, Flow is in Winston-Salem and is no longer a dealer. I wasn't impressed too much with them and not too many other people were either. Their shop rate is about $160 and hour and they milked the clock on my Elise. All I wanted was the ECU firmware update done so it wouldn't lose the VIN, read the ABS code, and reset the airbag light and they milked me for $500 and 3 hours.

Raleigh didn't have a dealership, but Durham did on 15/501 - Lotus of Durham. I think it was part of the Sport Durst dealerships beside it. The building is now Sport Durst Power Sports. I figure they probably have the S2 Elise and Exige tools still sitting around somewhere.
Yeah I had heard that Flow Lotus wasn't terribly well-liked, so not too surprised it closed up. I forgot about Lotus of Durham though! I always wanted to go there when I was a kid, but never had the chance. Hopefully NC can land a new Lotus dealership soon, we've got pretty much everything else now - Charlotte even has a Koenigsegg dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts