The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, looking at an elise near sequim Washington and would like a PPI done as I’m about 2100 miles away. Seattle is about 2 hours away from seller, so don’t feel like that is a reasonable request of seller. Any suggestions of a reputable shops with lotus expertise(I.e. can inspect cam and other usual trouble spots) closer?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Max

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
In Sequim? Good luck with that one. :) That is a gorgeous rural coastal area...fun to visit. There is nothing out there really but farms and small towns. The closest Lotus dealer or other known Lotus shops are in the Seattle area. People from Vancouver, BC even make the drive to come down if they need shop work.

If you do find someone that can do it, they will most likely be coming from the Seattle or Tacoma area. So unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to find someone local to the area.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If the seller is ever planning to go to Seattle (or actually wants to sell the car to you), they should get it inspected by Cantrell Motorsports.

https://cantrellmotorsport.com/
+1 for Cantrell and I totally agree with me73. Perhaps you and the seller could work something out if you are serious about this particular car. Good luck with your future purchase be it this car or not.

Reactions: me73

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the suggestions (and that Cantrell place looks amazing)! I found a local place that has serviced the car before and the owner so far seems extremely honest, so fingers crossed it will work out! Thanks again,
Max

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That's awesome. Are they aware of the "Lotus things" to look for or is this some indy mechanic shop that does basic work? Make sure to watch/read the sticky on buying a Lotus and what to look for. At least make sure they are aware and to check those things.

Reactions: me73

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome. Are they aware of the "Lotus things" to look for or is this some indy mechanic shop that does basic work? Make sure to watch/read the sticky on buying a Lotus and what to look for. At least make sure they are aware and to check those things.
It’s an Indy shop, but as a longtime lurker on the forum, I felt prepared on what to ask them to look for. This forum is such a wealth of information!! The seller has been super nice through the proces(as have most lotus folks I’ve come across through my search) and its scheduled to go in at 10am tomorrow, so fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It’s an Indy shop, but as a longtime lurker on the forum, I felt prepared on what to ask them to look for. This forum is such a wealth of information!! The seller has been super nice through the proces(as have most lotus folks I’ve come across through my search) and its scheduled to go in at 10am tomorrow, so fingers crossed!!
:up:

Good luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, All! PPI came back clean- just some recommendations to change coolant & brake fluid from age. Cashiers check sent yesterday- now just going through the fin process of selecting a transport company!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Nice! Post some pics up when you get her.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Congrats!!! Looking forward for another owner in my neck of the woods. Be sure to post a proper introduction when it comes with lots of pictures:clap:

Just to add, take a look at upcoming events/shows HERE. Supercar Saturday is a big event every first Saturday of the month till September that alot of us go to. Hopefully we get to see you June 1st for the next one. I'm excited for you!

Gabe

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!!! Looking forward for another owner in my neck of the woods. Be sure to post a proper introduction when it comes with lots of pictures:clap:

Just to add, take a look at upcoming events/shows HERE. Supercar Saturday is a big event every first Saturday of the month till September that alot of us go to. Hopefully we get to see you June 1st for the next one. I'm excited for you!

Gabe

Thanks so much NoRawkus305; I’ll be sure to post a proper intro once she arrives(hopefully around Memorial Day)! I also am very familiar with supercar Saturday’s- if you’ve seen a 96 viper pace car, that’s me! As an aside, if/when I meet you, I will formally award you with the “first inaugural chicagoland automobile philanthropist of the decade award” for doing God’s work in assembling a page of area car events; well done Sir!!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
As much as I'd like to take credit for that awesome list of events, it was actually @gray, another member who put that together. Much props for him as I'm sure that took some time and effort to make easier for the rest of us just to look at one list. Hmm, I want to say I've seen that pace car but memory is a little foggy. I'm sure if I see it again, I'll know for sure. Anyways, longest 2 week wait for you I'm sure haha.

Gabe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts