The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked one of the closest lotus dealers if they offer a ppi service, and if the car i am looking at has any open recalls. This was what I received. Lol I am hoping there was a misunderstanding about ppi.

Hehe

Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
馃槼馃槼馃槼馃槼

And I thought an oil change at a Lotus dealer was expensive at $350! Looks like that was a bargain!

馃お

Reactions: Zaun

Registered
2006 Exige K24A2 SC
Maybe it stands for Peak Performance Increase in their local dialect it's actually a small supercharger kit including installation.

Registered
馃槼馃槼馃槼馃槼

And I thought an oil change at a Lotus dealer was expensive at $350! Looks like that was a bargain!

馃お
Unless they鈥檙e also playing classical music and brushing the carpets while doing it, it鈥檚 kind of hard to see the value there.

Registered
Yea, I think they fat fingered a 0
Or they meant PPF (paint protection film) which is probably in the $5k ballpark for a dealer. But even disregarding that, I'd be irked they couldn't even be bothered to tell you what the two recalls are...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or they meant PPF (paint protection film) which is probably in the $5k ballpark for a dealer. But even disregarding that, I'd be irked they couldn't even be bothered to tell you what the two recalls are...
Yeah, I emailed them back and found out. Oil fitting and emailed update

Premium Member
If you think $350 for an oil change is expensive, take your Mercedes in for an oil change to the Newport Beach, CA dealer..... They even charge you for cleaning/disposing of their shop rags....

Registered
The Lotus dealer I called in OC, CA quoted $200 for an oil change. Meanwhile, the dealer that I bought the car from wanted $450. Avoid Autosports in NY.
Joel

Reactions: Verichai

Premium Member
Realize it does take a while to remove and replace the undertray so there is more labor than normal...just sayin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts