The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the brakes on my 02 V8 (it has the AP Racing setup) and after a few days at the track I've been really pleased with the braking performance and how it holds up for the entire session. However, it's time to prepare for replacing the pads and a quick check of the pads from Lotus surprised me with the cost for them (complete set front and back is upwards of $700). I want to keep the performance of the setup I have, but are there better sources for pads that I should be considering?

I'm sure this has been covered in previous threads but I seem to not be able to search the forum very well in finding stuff, so I apologize if this has already been covered in depth (and I have simply not been able to find it).

Knut

·
Registered
98 Posts
While on the subject with someone tracking the car. Source for rotors for the 2001? There has to be another option than the $3k from lotus for the rotor. Wouldn't need the hat/bell. Just the rotor surface. Anyone?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great lead. I had failed to find a source that listed the '02 Esprit with Ferodo pads (and the Ferodo web site itself doesn't list it), so your links are really helpful. Thanks!

Knut

I would recommend Ferodo DS2500 if you want a pad that works on the track and street. If you want track only, and hardcore at that, I would recommend the Ferodo DS3000.

Ferodo DS2500 Street Brake Pads for your 2001 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO w/ AP front calipers - TopBrakes.com

Ferodo DS3000 Racing Brake Pads for your 2001 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO w/ AP front calipers - TopBrakes.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be asking this same question before long as well. Would love to also get a lead on rotors.

Knut

While on the subject with someone tracking the car. Source for rotors for the 2001? There has to be another option than the $3k from lotus for the rotor. Wouldn't need the hat/bell. Just the rotor surface. Anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts