The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am looking at buying an Exige in Dallas Texas and need to get a PPI done. I have searched on this forum and most people seem to suggest Auto scope however when I called them today they informed me that they do not perform PPI on Lotus. I also called the Lotus dealer in Plano and they also said that they do not do PPI! Where else can I go to?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hello everyone, I am looking at buying an Exige in Dallas Texas and need to get a PPI done. I have searched on this forum and most people seem to suggest Auto scope however when I called them today they informed me that they do not perform PPI on Lotus. I also called the Lotus dealer in Plano and they also said that they do not do PPI! Where else can I go to?
Regogo Racing/Sports Car World races vintage Lotuses and have done lots of work on Eliges and Evoras (they maintain my Evora). I'm sure they'd be able to do a PPI for you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make sure they check the HVAC fan. Somehow I missed in my research that this was a common fault with the Elise and paid $500 for a PPI at John Scotti in Montreal. A day later I'm driving it home and notice the 3rd speed on the fan doesn't work. Conveniently they were able say that it's a flaw that could happen at anytime and they always check it. While technically true, it's a real long shot. Oh and it's $1000+ to repair at a dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts