The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not aware of any other reputable Lotus mechanic in the Montreal area.
But for a PPI including a ECU dump, I would stick with Scotti anyway.

It's also worth mentioning that Bernard from Scotti is a good source for non-advertised Elise for sale.
I believe he also has a list of people looking for Exige's :)

For everything else, any certified Toyota/Lexus mechanic can work on the 2ZZ engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations! I tentatively scheduled an appointment with Scotti for Monday.

How much do you think a 2007 Elise with 32 000kms is worth? Colour is black with red interior, touring pack, new tires and brakes all around. Clean carproof. Exterior is mint.

On another note I work for a law firm and some of my colleagues are telling me that the car would be way too flashy to go to work in...I think it's all in the attitude of the owner more than the car itself but then again it would maybe be best to stay low-key and stick with a German car.

The other car I am looking at is a 2007 Boxster S. I love mid-engined Porsches.

I will test-drive again the Lotus today and the Porsche tomorrow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Canadian used market prices are higher than the US, due to the RIV not allowing US import.

To give you an idea, I paid mine 41k last summer (2013). From ON to QC.
It's 2007 Elise, canyon red on biscuit interior.
Engine in top condition with 27.000km on the clock at the time of the purchase. Exterior was showroom condition, but previous (and only) owner got slowly rear-ended and got it fixed. So, a non-virgin showroom condition.
Option-wise, came with Touring package, traction control, hard and soft top, lotus indoor cover and clear protex all over.
Original owner bought on Lotus talk a set of LSS wheels that he never used, and gave me a great deal on those.

I recently met with another LT member from Montreal too who bought a similar car (2007) back in 2012 and paid, iirc, ~38k.

If you look on autotrader.ca, there's only 6 Elise S2 advertised for sale, nationwide. The only 2007 has 10.000km and seller is asking 52k

Price are going up.
It's not the next 250 GTO, but I think someone buying one now will easily sell it in few years without loosing a dime.

The Elise comes with some attention, from both good and bad people.
It's my daily driver, some colleagues are thinking I'm getting paid too much, some are asking for a ride. I wouldn't be concerned about what your colleagues can think, but more about your clients if they see you driving a car they think is worth a million.

The boxster is boring. Unless we're talking about the new S or GTS...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Thanks for all the recommendations! I tentatively scheduled an appointment with Scotti for Monday.

How much do you think a 2007 Elise with 32 000kms is worth? Colour is black with red interior, touring pack, new tires and brakes all around. Clean carproof. Exterior is mint.

On another note I work for a law firm and some of my colleagues are telling me that the car would be way too flashy to go to work in...I think it's all in the attitude of the owner more than the car itself but then again it would maybe be best to stay low-key and stick with a German car.

The other car I am looking at is a 2007 Boxster S. I love mid-engined Porsches.

I will test-drive again the Lotus today and the Porsche tomorrow.
I've been using my yellow Elise in Toronto as a daily driver for 5 years. I've never had any "you make too much" comments. I thought that is more of a US thing not too common in Canada.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've been using my yellow Elise in Toronto as a daily driver for 5 years. I've never had any "you make too much" comments. I thought that is more of a US thing not too common in Canada.
I dont think it has anything to do with the country, but the maturity of the people you work with.
Most people who made that comment were joking. Although some were not. They just dont really know it cost as much as a fully loaded Mini.

We've had one girl posting a picture on facebook of a 458 from our parking lot, and bitching than somebody was making way too much money. Our CEO's car...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seller's best price is 36 500$.

Good deal?

The salesman at Scotti told me he'd pay 35 000$ for it as a trade-in but then again that's just a promise in the air...who knows what I would really get for it on trade-in...

What worries me is the length of time it can take to sell the car because it's such a niche market and it takes a car nut like me to purchase it.

There's a guy in Toronto who is trying to sell his 2006 Elise with 18 000kms since the month of May and he actually told me that he barely has anyone calling him up...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm checking autotrader pretty much every day, and Elise(s) in good condition at the right price go pretty quickly. The one I bought stayed online 4 days. The Krypton Green that showed up right after I bought mine (damn it, I was waiting for that color...) sold in less than that. And same goes for Exige(s), they usually dont stay listed more than 48h.
There are potential buyers out there waiting to pull the trigger on the right car.

36.500$ seems to be a good price. I've seen people advertising salvaged Elise in that price range...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.