The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking how when back in high school (back in the day before it was considered cool to get pregnant in high school), if a girl got pregnant she'd simply "disappear" all of a sudden, without word. It was such that even if someone disappeared for some other reason (moved to Zimbabwe, for example), you just assumed she must have gotten pregnant anyway.

I wonder how many forum members will simply "disappear" from the forum once their Elise is delivered...the forum being their source of information and emotional outlet until delivery day, then.....see ya!? Have we noticed anyone disappear, yet?

:)

Dave

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I am going to the UK for 22 days on Saturday and I am not pregnant:eek:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What? And miss my chance to gush about all of the Elise's qualities with fellow enthusiasts? Hardly! I suspect I'll be sharing road-trip stories (and photos) once I get the Elise.

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
There is this funny thing that happens at our local autocrosses.

Often, you will see a guy with a brand new car, window stickers still on it, drive up. He will sit there, tool around the paddock maybe. Maybe he will park it for a few minutes. Then he leaves.

Why? Because he wants to share his new car with people that get it, who appreciate something special. I see Ferraris, Lambos, etc pull up and do this.

With the Elise, you will get all kinds of appreciation from the general public... but you still know they don't get it as much as the Elisetalkers... so you have to come back and share.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Patricko said:
I am going to the UK for 22 days on Saturday and I am not pregnant:eek:
We're going to need some sort of proof. Either bring pictures of you at the Lotus factory, or pictures of your belly.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Heck, when I get delivery of my Elise, I'm going to be sending invites out to anyone here who wants a ride.....

....but until then,

DOOMED!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Patricko - You're lucky !! When do you get your car ? Do you recon you'll be able to see it being built ?

girlracer said:
Patricko, any plans to visit the Lotus factory whilst you're over? :)
Sounds like you might be able to bum a lift to the dealer in a TVR :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
He probably could - providing I've not sold it by then. Got someone coming to see it this weekend...

Patricko, will you still be in the UK on 21st Aug? I just got news today of Lotus Driver Training Experience Day at Hethel. It's a Lotus Life club thing but non-members can go too. Loads of track time in a series 2 Elise with tuition from the Lotus team. You might not be interested of course... :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
girlracer said:
He probably could - providing I've not sold it by then. Got someone coming to see it this weekend...

Patricko, will you still be in the UK on 21st Aug? I just got news today of Lotus Driver Training Experience Day at Hethel. It's a Lotus Life club thing but non-members can go too. Loads of track time in a series 2 Elise with tuition from the Lotus team. You might not be interested of course... :D
I will be in the UK until the 22nd of August. A friend from Manchester and I will be doing the Alistair McQueen Experience at Hethel on the 15th of August:D I will also be doing a factory tour but I have not figured the timing just yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ahh really, the Alistair McQueen course? That will rock. I think you're all covered then. :) :clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts