The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I noticed that the car vibrated a little more than usual, I thought a drive shaft was broken. This morning I noticed a little grease at the crack between the driver side fender and the hood. It turned out that the grease was from the motor mount. The driver side motor mount is broken, must be from the excessive wheel hop at the 1/8-mile drag Thursday night. Normally it isn't too bad, just replace it. But my friend who owns a Honda/Acura repair shop called the place that he normally gets the parts (genuine Honda parts) from, this place informed him that the motor mount for my car is on backorder from probably American Honda Corp., and none of the dealers in SoCal has it in stock. There's currently a waiting list for this same motor mount, and it would probably take a month to get this part. :( So I might not be able to run the Prelude at the September event. Most likely I'll have to bring the Integra out to run STX at that event. I hope the part arrives sooner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Darryl.

Please hold off on that for now. I've located a motor mount from http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. They said that, according to their computer, they have one in stock when I called them this morning. I placed an order right-away. Hope their computer system is correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts