The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Premier 10" sub in a custom enclosure built for the Esprit, that is meant to sit all the way forward in the passenger footwell .
The enclosure is rock solid , and is stable as can be without being bolted or screwed into the floor. hook up the 2 wires and slide it forward. Weighs about 10 pounds,maybe more.

This was put in the car by the PO and I'll not be using it.From what I understand, when it was purchased ,this was very expensive.

I'm in the general Los Angeles area and I'm offering the sub and enclosure FREE to who ever wants to come and get it :)

Alan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have a Premier 10" sub in a custom enclosure built for the Esprit, that is meant to sit all the way forward in the passenger footwell .
The enclosure is rock solid , and is stable as can be with being bolted or screwed into the floor. hook up the 2 wires and slide it forward. Weighs about 10 pounds,maybe more.

This was put in the car by the PO and I'll not be using it.From what I understand, when it was purchased ,this was very expensive.

I'm in the general Los Angeles area and I'm offering the sub and enclosure FREE to who ever wants to come and get it :)

Alan
Post pics installed and out of the car.

Consider shipping?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I had one too and hated it. Gave it to Quadcam for free as well.

Although my wife is not a tall person at 5'-1" it was annoying that she couldn't stretch her legs. The enclosure was custom and molded to the foot well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest ,it's not worth shipping as the darn thing is heavy.

I'll take some photos of it later today. it has been sitting in the garage for a couple of years, so the enclosure is dusty. would be easy for the new owner to clean it,but again, not worth it to me.

Alan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos as requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
To be honest ,it's not worth shipping as the darn thing is heavy.

I'll take some photos of it later today. it has been sitting in the garage for a couple of years, so the enclosure is dusty. would be easy for the new owner to clean it,but again, not worth it to me.

Alan
DANG! That thing must take up damned near the entire passenger side footwell!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
DANG! That thing must take up damned near the entire passenger side footwell!
Not sure how your free air woofers are working out but if Alan would ship that thing without the woofer and you have a Kicker Isobaric woofer installed, I bet that would be fun. Only thing is the Isobaric woofer requires a lot of power to drive.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Not sure how your free air woofers are working out but if Alan would ship that thing without the woofer and you have a Kicker Isobaric woofer installed, I bet that would be fun. Only thing is the Isobaric woofer requires a lot of power to drive.
Yeah! I WOULD love to have it then just remove when wife is in in the car..

Alan, want to weigh without speaker and guesstimate shipping to 75062?

Kenny

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Sorry I meant solobaric not isobaric. Isobaric is completely different...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I must be stronger then I think :)
The sub and enclosure weighs 17.5 pounds.
Without the weight of the packaging, looks like shipping would run about $28 to 75062 using ups ground. I would guess the shipping material and padding would add another pound or 2.

I'll pull the sub and weigh the enclosure later.

Could always run it as an IB sub ,and have it vent into the engine compartment :)

Alan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Well, I must be stronger then I think :)
The sub and enclosure weighs 17.5 pounds.
Without the weight of the packaging, looks like shipping would run about $28 to 75062 using ups ground. I would guess the shipping material and padding would add another pound or 2.

I'll pull the sub and weigh the enclosure later.

Could always run it as an IB sub ,and have it vent into the engine compartment :)

Alan
I want it if you dont mind me paypal to you the $ and trouble of shipping!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well,I'm surprised. The sub weighs 16 pounds and the enclosure 1 pound.

A well built sub and it is a shallow sub.Color me impressed. Not enough to keep it mind you but...

Looks like because of the size, 15x15,10. Shipping with or without the sub is about the same.
Here are more photos if you still want it.

Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
sure! I will PM you

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Custom enclosure for a pioneer sub? HA
I'm sure you have a much better system in your Esprit, then the sonically and time aligned matched 6.1(now6 without the .1) that is installed in mine.

My system from the PO was time matched ,so that it feels like I'm listening to a singer or group in front of me .The sound reaches me,it then passes by and I hear it later behind me as you would at a concert.

This is unlike most systems installed in cars to day ,a bunch of speakers all blasting at you at the same time with no coherence, or time consideration what so ever. That along with bloated bass that sounds like no instrument ever made by man . No thanks.:(

So tell us about your system. I'm always looking to improve mine and maybe you can give me some tips. :)

Enough of that, Kenny,shipping the sub today will PM you after it's done.

Alan

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Not to me but..

My system will be time aligned when done. I am "OK" at tuning a system so when done (and local shop is where I got my Focal speakers which they suggested based on my car) I take to them to do the fine tuning... The Alpine head unit I am instlaling is a HUGE step up in SQ from the cheapo Sony I had prior.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Alansglide.... can you list the stuff you have in your car so we can see how they managed to do a 6.1 (modified to a 6.0) system?

Love to see what products they use to give you the surround sound

MidLifeZ.... interesting they state Focal due to the car you drive.....

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
<SNIP>.... interesting they state Focal due to the car you drive.....
Not Focal"per se'", the particular speakers from Focal. One part being adjustable tweeter in dash speakers and they then align them physically.

Focal are some of the best out there though I did not go with their uber high dollar speakers..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Focals have a good name in speaker building. They are considered middle audiophile grade speakers.Excellent choice Kenny.

As to my cars setup. I'll take some photos today and post them in a bit.

Kenny,sub is shipped.

Alan

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have a pair of their 6x9's for rear fill (for the kids) in my daily driver.....

Their high end stuff is CRAZY! At sema I think they sold 6+ sets of their best 6.5 in component set...... you can almost buy a Esprit S4 for what the speakers sell for.... $21,000 :)

Some tweeters do need to be aimed properly to sound good

1 - 20 of 29 Posts