The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you can shed some rays of enlightenment on me regarding the Premium Pack (PP) options on the Evora. I just visited another dealer today and was less than impressed with the salesman's knowledge of his product line.

More specifically, there are three PP packages to choose from, PP, PP Suedetex, and PP Sport. All of those have heated seats. Let me just say that I'd actually prefer to NOT have heated seats as it's a little bit more weight and given the fact that I'm not planning on driving the car during the winter (or just enough to keep things lubed). However, the only way to not have heated seats is to not get a PP.

All the PPs include an armrest which I could probably take or leave since I'm going to be driving the car locally and don't see myself taking too many roadtrips with it. I'll put it to you this way....I didn't miss not having an armrest on the Elise (or Cruise Control for that matter), but I can see how it would be "nice" to have in the Evora.

The PPs also have accent lighting which while it probably looks wicked cool, isn't alone worth the $2,750-3,250 MSRP extra for one of the PPs.

So all that really leaves is the leather, the leather trim and the seats. I love the contrasting stitching thats availabe with the PP Sport but don't really care for the Suedetex. Would anybody care to chime in on whether or not they brought or didn't by any of the PPs in their Evora and whether or not it was worth it? I'm really trying to wrap my head around how differently a non-PP Evora's interior would look than one with a PP, especially how the level of leather quality and trim would vary.

Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure, but if you want a Premium Pack (not "Sport", said "Executive") without heated seats, I guess it would possible but only in Ebony Black leather.

As Evoras' seats are made and covered at Recarco before supplying to Lotus, there is no possibilty to customise seats of the Evora.

But I'm pretty sure that the stantard seats are the same as the PP in Ebony Black. So it would be possible to order a PP in Ebony black without heated seats, but you should have the buttons on the dashboard.

Premium Pack "excutive" is really well if you wish a fully colored cabin to match the body color. But the stantard interior is nice too, lovely simple fabric combined with leather seats and dashbord facia.

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
The Suedetex leather comb in the '12 is fantastic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Interesting... My Premium pack 2011 does _not_ have heated seats despite the lotus brochure saying that it should. It does have the rest of the PP options though.

donour

·
Registered
498 Posts
Guppy if your waiting for a 2013-14 EVORA S and you say its currently in conception, I would say options, pricing & Lotus as a company could change. IMO To speculate what will be in the future could be a waste of your time.;)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
All I know is that my 2011 does not have heated seats but I believe SOME were made with it. Just the late production year models. I wouldn't have minded it though.

·
Registered
498 Posts
All I know is that my 2011 does not have heated seats but I believe SOME were made with it. Just the late production year models. I wouldn't have minded it though.
I pulled my seats to work on my new radio. I think they are pre-wired I noticed a plug coming out of my seat without a place to connect to the car.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guppy if your waiting for a 2013-14 EVORA S and you say its currently in conception, I would say options, pricing & Lotus as a company could change. IMO To speculate what will be in the future could be a waste of your time.;)
A valid point indeed. However, the waiting is getting more difficult as each week passes. I just happened to wander into a Lotus dealer yesterday that was on my way home from work and started to price out options. I'm trying to keep it south of 90K and the PPs is one of the things I'm unsure about. That's why I'm asking.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
fast, and which month is your build? You got me thinking about looking for mine too.

Btw on a similar topic, reverse camera option is not prewired. My 2011 evora did not come with the cam as an option. Looked for a loose plug in the trunk. Nothing.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If you go without one of the Premium Pack's what you get is the lower part of the doors including the door sills and the rear seats covered in cloth with the front seats, dash and top half of the doors in black leather. No ambient lighting and arm rest either. To be honest, I've seen a factory car S version dressed this way and thought it looked gawd awful but to each their own :shrug:

BTW, a 2012/2013 normally aspirated Evora equipped with every option will run considerably less than $90K.

FWIW, I think the Premium Pack Sport is gorgeous and really makes the car look the part.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
If the PP Sport internals were available to us MY10/MY11 owners as an "upgrade" ... depending on the price it might be worth it.

·
Registered
200 Posts

This is my standard interior and I think it looks spot on, didn't even consider the premium pack.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

This is my standard interior and I think it looks spot on, didn't even consider the premium pack.
That looks sharp alright. What year? Also, your door sills look like they're leather or plastic?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you go without one of the Premium Pack's what you get is the lower part of the doors including the door sills and the rear seats covered in cloth with the front seats, dash and top half of the doors in black leather. No ambient lighting and arm rest either. To be honest, I've seen a factory car S version dressed this way and thought it looked gawd awful but to each their own :shrug:

BTW, a 2012/2013 normally aspirated Evora equipped with every option will run considerably less than $90K.

FWIW, I think the Premium Pack Sport is gorgeous and really makes the car look the part.
Thanks Abe. That description helps. So you're saying that the factory S you saw didn't have a PP and it looked awful?

Btw, my "must have" list includes Diamond Cut 19/20s, S model, and CO or burnt orange so those things are pushing the price up considerably, and I thought that going w/o a PP could save 2-3K.

While I absolutely love the car, I think 90K is a little outrageous. Perhaps the dealers will be willing to come down 5K+ during the winter months.

·
Premium Member
6,237 Posts
Ever do a nationwide inventory search. Valenti has a Chrome Orange in stock right now but its NA I believe. Could be yours for ~65K. You can do a lot of work on a car for the 25K you'd save!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Thanks Abe. That description helps. So you're saying that the factory S you saw didn't have a PP and it looked awful?

Btw, my "must have" list includes Diamond Cut 19/20s, S model, and CO or burnt orange so those things are pushing the price up considerably, and I thought that going w/o a PP could save 2-3K.

While I absolutely love the car, I think 90K is a little outrageous. Perhaps the dealers will be willing to come down 5K+ during the winter months.
What am I missing? Seems like you can get the car you want under $90K :shrug: Let me know if you need me to talk to your dealer.

$77,600 - 2012/13 Evora S 2+2
$ 3,200 - Chrome Orange or Burnt Orange (discontinued so more expensive)
$ 2,950 - Diamond Cut Wheels (19"/20")
$ 3,250 - Premium Pack Sport
$ 1,295 - Destination Charge
$88,295 - MSRP

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the suedetex leather interior and would opt for it again. I also only drive my Evora in the summer and have used the heated seats only once ....on a rainy cool morning...and it brought a smile to my face..worth it!!!

I was wondering if any of you can shed some rays of enlightenment on me regarding the Premium Pack (PP) options on the Evora. I just visited another dealer today and was less than impressed with the salesman's knowledge of his product line.

More specifically, there are three PP packages to choose from, PP, PP Suedetex, and PP Sport. All of those have heated seats. Let me just say that I'd actually prefer to NOT have heated seats as it's a little bit more weight and given the fact that I'm not planning on driving the car during the winter (or just enough to keep things lubed). However, the only way to not have heated seats is to not get a PP.

All the PPs include an armrest which I could probably take or leave since I'm going to be driving the car locally and don't see myself taking too many roadtrips with it. I'll put it to you this way....I didn't miss not having an armrest on the Elise (or Cruise Control for that matter), but I can see how it would be "nice" to have in the Evora.

The PPs also have accent lighting which while it probably looks wicked cool, isn't alone worth the $2,750-3,250 MSRP extra for one of the PPs.

So all that really leaves is the leather, the leather trim and the seats. I love the contrasting stitching thats availabe with the PP Sport but don't really care for the Suedetex. Would anybody care to chime in on whether or not they brought or didn't by any of the PPs in their Evora and whether or not it was worth it? I'm really trying to wrap my head around how differently a non-PP Evora's interior would look than one with a PP, especially how the level of leather quality and trim would vary.

Thanks to everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What am I missing? Seems like you can get the car you want under $90K :shrug: Let me know if you need me to talk to your dealer.

$77,600 - 2012/13 Evora S 2+2
$ 3,200 - Chrome Orange or Burnt Orange (discontinued so more expensive)
$ 2,950 - Diamond Cut Wheels (19"/20")
$ 3,250 - Premium Pack Sport
$ 1,295 - Destination Charge
$88,295 - MSRP
You're forgetting the Tech Pack ($3,200), Starshield ($1,000), & Backup camera ($600?). All on my "must have" list.
:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts