The Lotus Cars Community banner

Who would be the best President for the USA?

• Randy Chase

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • John Kerry

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • George W. Bush

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Ralph Nader

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I vote for Randy. Having said that, I'm gonna get a little political...

I felt a little bad for Bush up there. He was handicapped. He can't speak (he sends "mexed missages" ;)) and he made some bad decisions about foreign policy. That's not to say that Kerry would have done any better, but ya know, he's not the one to be judged on foreign policy mistakes at this point - cause he's not the president!

I think the whole "flip-flop" and "mixed messages" campaign is a little off base. Yeah, Kerry is sending mixed messages... it's obvious he's against the war. He just doesn't have the balls to say so prior to being elected! That's an intentionally obscured message. It's not that he doesn't know where he stands, he's just trying to get everyone's vote! I guess Bush's campaign is trying to draw Kerry out and say that he's against the war (to solidify the votes of the "patriots"). Ya know... that's really the only reason I won't vote for him, too. I wish he'd say what he really believes and stand behind that 100%. I suspect that he has some weasel publicity aide telling him it would be political suicide though. :)

I can't wait to see what happens in the next 2 debates. George Bush has really hurt the American economy (you'll be feeling the effects soon). I can't believe that anyone here would vote for him after the foolish decisions he's made. The tax break - unnecessary. The economy was turning back on its own - $300 in our pockets didn't do **** to help it. Tax cuts - WTF was GWB thinking by giving the biggest tax cut to people in the 200k+ income bracket ?!?? They didn't need it. No one here is gonna buy 2 elises now that they've got an extra 40k in their pockets. The top tax bracket is already spending all that they will. That extra 4% is going straight into their savings. It's common knowledge that if you want to kickstart the economy, you cut at the bottom tax bracket. They spend near 100% of their income! Not only that, but that money filters back up to the top tax bracket, because it's primarily composed of business owners! Then there's the costs of the war in Iraq, the prices of oil futures, and the inflationary effects that rising oil costs will have on the rest of the economy.

How could even a conservative individual vote for Bush? Do you 21 people who voted for him in this poll make all of your money off dividend income?

So there you have it. Which is worse? The evil we know or the evil we don't know?

Personally, I'm thinking of moving to China! ;)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
transio said:
I felt a little bad for Bush up there. He was handicapped. He can't speak (he sends "mexed missages" ;)) and he made some bad decisions about foreign policy. That's not to say that Kerry would have done any better, but ya know, he's not the one to be judged on foreign policy mistakes at this point - cause he's not the president!
True. Bush did have a more difficult time in the debate, as he had to defend actual decisions, rather than provide hypothetical answers as Kerry could (or be able to provide answers with the benefit of hindsight). Still, if a decision Bush made was a mistake, I'd rather he admitted that than pretend it was correct.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
transio said:
Having said that, I'm gonna get a little political...
Party Pooper!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How could even a conservative individual vote for Bush? Do you 21 people who voted for him in this poll make all of your money off dividend income?
I CAN TELL YOU WHY. They do so out of spite. Put your ear to the ground in this country, and you'll hear the toxic spite churning. It's partly the result of commercial propaganda and sexual desperation—a desperation far more common than is admitted. If you didn't know anything about how America's propaganda worked, you'd think that every citizen here experienced four-dimensional multiple orgasms with beautiful, creative, equally satisfied partners, morning, noon and night.

This is America, not Denmark. In this country, tens of millions of people choose to watch FoxNews not simply because Americans are credulous idiots or at the behest of some right-wing corporate cabal, but because average Americans respect viciousness. They are attracted to viciousness for a lot of reasons. In part, it reminds them of their bosses, whom they secretly adore. Americans hate themselves for the way they behave in public, always smiling and nodding their heads with accompanying really?s and uh-huhs to show that they're listening to the other person, never having the guts to say what they really feel. So they vicariously scream and bully others into submission through right-wing surrogate-brutes. Spending time watching Sean Hannity is enough for your average American white male to feel less cowardly than he really is.

http://www.nypress.com/print.cfm?content_id=10369

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Bush's decision to go into Iraq without the full support of the UN is what made me decide not to vote for him again. Our war was with Osaama not Sadaam. I am glad Sadaam is gone, was it wasnt worth it. The rest of the world hates us and thinks of us as an invading force, the ecomomy is also now in the toilet because of all of the money we are spending on the war.

The prison tapes showing abuse of Iraqi prisoners caused a bunch of harm in the international community too. Granted these were scumbags would probably beheaded people and deserved to have the stuff done to them, but the governemt should have just shipped them off to Cuba or knocked them off saying they were trying to escape or some other story.

We should just get out and let the warring factions kill each other. Maybe I am being selfish, but I dont care about people in other countries as long as it doesnt affect me. I feel the same way about Israel and Palestine, The IRA and England, and Pakistan and India. Whenever we get involved supporting one warring faction, the other hates us, and then we wind up in more trouble than if we just minded our own business. If you dont believe me, then just run for public office, you have the oppentants trying to get you and the people in your own party trying to stab you in the back or get political favors. You cant do any good because you are too tied up with all of this other crap to be effective.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
xxxotic said:
We should just get out
That would be a bigger mistake than attacking in the first place. Leave now and you have a country in shambles, open for occupation by adjacent despots, an unsecured primary energy source, a "can't finish what we started" image, and a message to the world that we don't really care about making this a better place - only getting revenge. No, we really shouldn't pull out now, whether we're for OR against the war. I think both candidates realize this.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
transio said:

I felt a little bad for Bush up there. He was handicapped. He can't speak (he sends "mexed missages" ;)) and he made some bad decisions about foreign policy.
This reminds me of a spoof someone posted on another thread about the "Americans With No Abilities Act" that Kerry would sign in 2005. Well, it appears that the GOP secretly already implemented such a policy for the office of president.

Or, maybe the GOP just doesn't want a republican president with some actual brains and ability because he/she would be too hard for the party to control.

- No, really, I'm not cynical -

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
transio said:
That would be a bigger mistake than attacking in the first place. Leave now and you have a country in shambles, open for occupation by adjacent despots, an unsecured primary energy source, a "can't finish what we started" image, and a message to the world that we don't really care about making this a better place - only getting revenge. No, we really shouldn't pull out now, whether we're for OR against the war. I think both candidates realize this.
It worked in Vietnam. When was the last time you heard of them being a threat to anyone.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts