The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UK cars will cost £75,995
‘i4’ four-cylinder First Edition arriving later in the autumn
Prices in other international markets, including USA and China, will be released in the coming weeks

US price speculation: UK "starting price" was 60k gbp which converts to $82k USD and is consistent w/ the "starts around $80k USD" statement at The Quail. Actual FE price is 76k gbp which converts to $104k USD (€96k European market price converts to $112k USD)

Edit: Here's my math using figures all stated by Lotus in lieu of my $82k USD conversion from GBP:
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Magenta

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Full press release:

·
Registered
138 Posts
As I said before, if they price the Emira over $100k in the US it'll fail (or at least not be as successful as they need to survive). So we're looking at ~$105k+ for a First Edition? How is that priced competitively with the competition at all? That's creeping on 718 GT4 territory and should be priced closer to the Cayman S and GTS.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
116 Posts
As I said before, if they price the Emira over $100k in the US it'll fail (or at least not be as successful as they need to survive). So we're looking at ~$105k+ for a First Edition? How is that priced competitively with the competition at all? That's creeping on 718 GT4 territory and should be priced closer to the Cayman S and GTS.
The Emira V6 is a 718 GT4 level of a car.

It sounds like the lower priced one that starts around $80k will be the 4 cylinder one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
We have no clue yet how they will price the US car. Like I’ve posted many times before, you cannot use currency rates to calculate gbp to usd pricing. Go configure a Land Rover, bmw, Audi, etc in a euro site in gbp and check what usd pricing should be. In many cases it’s a good distance from what you would expect.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
88 675 UK = 97 000$ US

76 000 UK = 83 000$ US
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Reactions: vcappp and KusaKusa

·
Registered
673 Posts
Interesting, but does that include the VAT like they said the price did when they first debuted the car? If it does, then that's £60,796 without that, and the U.S. price would be $84,305 at the current conversion rates without the VAT. That would fit the "around $80k usd" statement made at the Quail event. And that's assuming a direct currency conversion which as others have pointed out, isn't necessarily how pricing works.

That pricing does tend to confirm the added value of the extras included with the First Edition, compared to the original price of less than £60,000 inc VAT.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Emira V6 is a 718 GT4 level of a car.
I disagree. Lotus has never had the quality and craftsmanship of Porsche. Nor is the Emira sharing any parts of any motorsports winning race car. Porsche dealer network is massive and the aftermarket is active. The Emira has no right being priced against the Cayman GT4. Sure it looks better, but Lotus needs sales and a proven track record to survive.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
116 Posts
I disagree. Lotus has never had the quality and craftsmanship of Porsche. Nor is the Emira sharing any parts of any motorsports winning race car. Porsche dealer network is massive and the aftermarket is active. The Emira has no right being priced against the Cayman GT4. Sure it looks better, but Lotus needs sales and a proven track record to survive.
You buy these cars for performance. The Emira V6 will hang on the track all day with a GT4.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Those aren't the same cars. Do you have one with identical cars? Both GT410 sport for example?
Yes they are the same car at 96% minus the front bumper because of the safety regulation difference in North America they had to keep the old Evora400 front bumper.

Both car have 416HP and similar base equipment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We'll know next month if the Z06 will be more comparably but still very competitively priced starting at my predicted $88k. My original Emira FE prediction of around $100k is playing out so far.
View attachment 1297489
Lotus said US Emira prices will be released in a few weeks which will be near the release of the Z06 information. It is interesting that both are to be released at about the same time.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
116 Posts
We have no clue yet how they will price the US car. Like I’ve posted many times before, you cannot use currency rates to calculate gbp to usd pricing. Go configure a Land Rover, bmw, Audi, etc in a euro site in gbp and check what usd pricing should be. In many cases it’s a good distance from what you would expect.
Buried in the endless threads and polls on brake caliper color someone had a response from Lotus on Social Media and the starting price was $80k something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You buy these cars for performance. The Emira V6 will hang on the track all day with a GT4.
No doubt it will! But this car is being marketed as a daily driveable everyday sportscar. 95% of buyers aren't getting one for a dedicated track toy, hence the need for dealer support, high quality craftsmanship, and reliability.

Reactions: rustyb

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yes they are the same car at 96% minus the front bumper because of the safety regulation difference in North America they had to keep the old Evora400 front bumper.

Both car have 416HP and similar base equipment.
No they're not. Look at the difference in not only appearance, but the performance specs. The white car on the right is higher performance, faster top end speed, and less gas mileage which indicates it's a more powerful model.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very Nice talking to everyone here on Lotustalks......I am OUTTA here..... I am going with a C8 Z06 !!

$104K for a V6 with 400hp ? Not me.

Nothing changes at LOTUS... this EMIRA based upon equipment, performance, etc is a $70 base car MAX..... and fully equipped no more than $85 top.

IMO, looks like many like me (assumed FE would be "around $80k") will be cancelling and looks like LOTUS is back to making 2,000 EMIRA a year.

So disappointed.

oh well....

Every one here on LotusTalks was so nice. Great group of people.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Very Nice talking to everyone here on Lotustalks......I am OUTTA here..... I am going with a C8 Z06 !!

$104K for a V6 with 400hp ? Not me.

Nothing changes at LOTUS... this EMIRA based upon equipment, performance, etc is a $70 base car MAX..... and fully equipped no more than $85 top.

IMO, looks like many like me (assumed FE would be "around $80k") will be cancelling and looks like LOTUS is back to making 2,000 EMIRA a year.

So disappointed.

oh well....

Every one here on LotusTalks was so nice. Great group of people.
Hold out! Still hopes of a 80k V6 I think.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts