The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the lastest word on the press release, from a reliable source:

September 19th is the official press release re: the U.S. Elise.

What will be in the release?
- weight of the car
- engine make, displacement, and horsepower
- 0-60 performance
- stopping distance from xx mph
- other details, (dual airbags, etc.)

So it looks like we have a longer wait than we planned...

P.S. I am told that leases will be available (but this may be dependent on the particular dealer that you choose, I'm not certain.)

Thomas

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Well at least we'll have some hard info, more then I was expecting (and soon). It may be that Arnie will unofficially give up some of the info next week...

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Thanks for the info Thomas.

I wonder if it's still possible that info may come out from Lotus before then?

Or I can just patiently wait. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Argh, I'm gonna die if they don't just hurry up and tell us. It's just like waiting for the sequel to Counter-Strike; every time I check back on its progress I find the release date has been moved back again...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Who is your "reliable source"? -

According to Lotus Admin the announcement will be made in August. Since he talks to Arnie just about everyday I am sure he knows for sure.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be reliable. I guess that if the press release is in August, we will know that he was not. I'd bet you $20 that it is accurate, however. :)

Thomas

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
We might be splitting hairs here. Arine most likely will spill the beans at least about the drivetrain next week. With a "official" press release to follow. In either case it will be soon.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That makes sense. I am referring to a complete and official press release. It would make sense that they feed bits and pieces prior to that, to their loyal following! :)

Thomas

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
And we will keep it a secret of course. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So is anyone going on Saturday? It is this Saturday isn't it?
Hopefully Saturday night we will have alot more to talk about!

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Date?

So, is there any word on whether this date is going to produce soemthing to talk about?

It's quiet in here... *too* quiet...

Thomas

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hey, it's the quiet before the storm. Personally am pass the stage of the what ifs. Just waiting for the details to come out. This week or next month...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I never thought it could happen, but I am sick of speaking, thinking, and hearing the guesses and speculations. I want facts. I hope it is this Saturday.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Eventually, there comes a time when it's best to shut up, get in the driver's seat, buckle the harness and apply throttle.

Unfortunately, we don't have the car yet. :)

And so we await the next morsel of information...

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Yeah, agree Randy. When the details come out there be lots of talk about what it might mean. But when it all comes down to it, its about how it all works togather. That the part we're all waiting for. Then we can talk about making it better, keeping it on the road, etc.:D

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Speaking of details, has anyone else noticed how none of the car magazines are saying much, if anything, about the Elise when talking about cars coming up in 2004 & 2005? Car & Driver and Automobile both recently had a section like this, yet the Elise is absent. Of course, I can't really blame them, because what will they say? Lotus has said very little about what the car will actually BE so that doesn't give them much to write about.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I noticed that too. I was looking through the 2003 issues of Car & Driver and Road & Track at the library today and couldn't find a single reference to Lotus. Also check out Automobile News (or something like that). Nada! Looks like the Elise is going to take the U.S. by storm! :D

Once official announcements have been made, Elise articles will probably start to trickle in. I figure by the December to March, the Elise will be all the rave! And in March, the feeding frenzy begins!

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lunch

Donovan wrote:
>Who is your "reliable source"? -
>
>According to Lotus Admin the announcement will be made in >August. Since he talks to Arnie just about everyday I am sure he >knows for sure.

Thomas wrote:
>It should be reliable. I guess that if the press release is in >August, we will know that he was not. I'd bet you $20 that it is >accurate, however.

Hey, you owe me lunch Donovan! ;)

Thomas

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I cant wait till the news comes out and its in the mags and on TV....and everybody and their cousin Phil are talking about it. These will be the same people who look at me cockeyed and laugh when I talk about the Elise now.

These same people will be on it like white on rice once its announced and the "buzz" is here. The message boards will be a hotbed of activity and posts on it like they were the first to discover it. And, if the lotus factory board is any indication..the influx of ricers and ingnorance ( not that there's anything wrong with that) will be AMAZING.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts