The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a little market research to see if there is any interest.
Portable self contained pressure washer.
12 volt...connect to vehicles 12 volt outlet.
5.8 gallon container for self contained water supply
14.75 foot hose with nozzle
100 PSI +
Price $225 approx.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think it's a great idea! I tried something similar with an inverter and a pressure washer...kept blowing fuses.:wallbang: I'll leave it to the electrical gurus!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i dont think the 12 volt thing is neccesary. Are people going to be stranded on the side of the road and Say "Hey lets pressure wash the car honey"

I dont see that scenario.

Why not just electric outlet?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Could come in handy at car shows or concours out in some field. I can see a market. Pretty small one, though, IMHO.

Tom

·
Registered
758 Posts
You should never use a pressure washer on a car. Even a low powered unit will strip the wax and could start to peel up the star shield. The paint on the Elise is so thin that even a 1000 psi could damage the finish.

I sell them for a living.

Stick with a hose.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You should never use a pressure washer on a car. Even a low powered unit will strip the wax and could start to peel up the star shield. The paint on the Elise is so thin that even a 1000 psi could damage the finish.

I sell them for a living.

Stick with a hose.
Oh jeez.. here we go! :popcorn:

I "pressure wash" every time... not from 2 cm where the pressure is high and the spray is focused. From several feet away, there is MUCH LESS pressure from the dispersed mist of a "pressure washer" than that from a typical garden hose using your finger or cheap sprayer.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oh jeez.. here we go! :popcorn:

I "pressure wash" every time... not from 2 cm where the pressure is high and the spray is focused. From several feet away, there is MUCH LESS pressure from the dispersed mist of a "pressure washer" than that from a typical garden hose using your finger or cheap sprayer.
If you are standing that far back, you are not pressure washing your car.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just use the "flat spray" setting from my hose nozzle. It is gentle and has a wide spray pattern. I have seen too many pictures of people with paint missing after a pressure wash. Lotus says no to pressure washing and I wouldn't trust everyone (including myself) to not mess up just once and think "I am going to get in a little closer and shoot that bug right off" and end up shooting off that paint with it.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I was implying using the "pressure wash" from a coin car wash, not that used to blast stains from concrete! I agree, that's not a good idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts