The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, on my '95 S4, in the "Heyco" tool kit, there appears to be a place for a socket. Not the spark plug socket (it's in there), but another one. Any idea what size that would be? 22mm, 26mm, etc...?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The 'Heyco' kit I have has:

Stubby phillips
Tire Pressure gauge
Tread Depth gauge
T30 Torx Allen
Thin flat blade screwdriver
A long flex handle screwdriver which would accept various screwdriver bit tips that do not come with the kit. It could be an adjustment tool, without the bits I'd figure that's what it is.
Pliers/Diagonal cutters
1) 1156 Bulb
1) 1157 Bulb
2) 194 Push Bulbs
1) 10 Amp Blade Fuse
1) 15 Amp Blade Fuse
1) 20 Amp Blade Fuse
1) Fuse Puller

Case has some normal wear light scratches, the tool foam is perfect, all tools are there and Heyco West German brand. No sockets.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have that same flexible screwdriver (in my 1999) but haven't found any screw tips to fit it. It must be different from the standard tips that come with, say, a DeWalt screw driver.

I've since picked up a standard flexible driver to replace this, but does anyone know of a source to get some tips for the original? Or is its purpose (as Type82 guessed) some sort of adjustment?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've found a company that sells the individual Heyco parts. Mine was missing a flat head screwdriver, and I've found the replacement. I just don't know what that socket would be.
I've actually got a really nice, home made, kit that I used to keep in the '84. I had my wife use some green canvas and yellow border to make a really cool roll-up, with ties. I'm going to have "LOTUS" embroidered on it. I've stocked it with S-K tools. Screw the Heyco, their kinda cheap anyway. I'd just like to have the complete set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mystery Socket

Your question made me go to my 95 S4 and pull the tool kit. First time I have opened it in several years. The socket is a 19 mm. The exact reason for it I just don't know.

Mike

·
Wingless Wonder
5,414 Posts
19MM is the size you need for the lug nuts.

:eek:

I added a small breaker bar to my tool kit, 'cause you're never going to get a lug nut loose with the tools provided! :crazyeyes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts