The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Saw this one at the ABFM a couple of weeks ago..paint job is pretty good (the guy did it himself and spent a LOT of time rubbing it out to look smooth) Fairly nice shape. Someone could have a lot of fun with this one.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea there is probably some story with that one (note turn signals gone in front which usually indicates an accident)... But the price sure is cheap. Just make sure everything is straight before going ahead. A Lotus inspection would be money well spent!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Good catch Dylan, the turn signal were present after the first accident, the surround for the climate control is still bordeux red, and the shift console cover is missing. As a note, the 5 point harness in the advertisement does not have the 5th hole in the seat. However, if this is the limit to the problems with the car, it is a steal at 20k.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I called about this car on Friday when it was a fresh trade in at a Subaru dealership. They indicated that they were probably going to sell it to another dealer. Looks like that is what happened.

Of note the Subaru dealership was asking $15,800, so if anybody wants to buy this car, that is probably around what G&R paid.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Breaking the 20k barrier with a salvage titled Elise is not a new thing, I have seen salvage titled Elises go for 14-15k. Keep in mind the damage report on this car was defined as "undercarriage damage" which normally hammers the value due to fear of frame and suspension problems. When I see a healthy/unwrecked Elise go for under 20k, then I will worry.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just an FYI guys I went and checked this car out since its right up the street from me and its pretty rough. The respray was pretty low quality and there is tons of artifacts in the paint. The airbag was never replaced after the accident only taped up so there is no airbag and the light is on. Also the check engine is on as well. the door panels are missing some clips so they are just sort of hanging there and the door pulls are missing off the doors. If someone was going to buy it as a track car I could see how it would make sense. They bought the car for $15800 from eastside subaru so I would say if your going to buy it dont pay over 17k

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
Agreed. :(:shrug:
:shrug: Copart has salvage Ferrari's for $10k. I don't think that means that's the value of a Ferrari. I know nothing about this car, but it appears to have been in two accidents, and has undercarriage damage. The real value may be $0 if the chassis/tub are deformed. Not sure I'd want to even race it if the bonds have been compromised, but I know someone will say it'll buff right out. But even dealers make mistakes.

But, I haven't seen the car, and I don't see any mechanical reports, so who knows? On the internet, no one knows you're a dog - or a lemon! :)

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Biggest BS listing I've seen in a long time. They're lookin for a lollipop with this one!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
man, talk about a lot of work changing the paint on that thing...

If you buy it, might as well just get it 'wrapped'

·
Registered
192 Posts
"YOU CAN GO TO ANY BANK AND SHOW THEM THAT KELLEY BLUE BOOK VALUE IS $28,000 AND GET A LOAN FOR ABOUT $250.00 PER MONTH"

How on Earth??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts