The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you hate when you watch this stupid movie just to see the car?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
If I want to see the car I just go over to Volo Auto Museum (almost stole the nose badge, prolly should have). They have quite a few movie and prop cars there, the kid in me thought seeing K.I.T.T in person was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Lol I sat through Paul Whalberg's "Contraband" to see the Ferrari 458 that was in the commercial, and the worst part is that the car wasn't even in the damn movie. :(

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Don't you hate when you watch this stupid movie just to see the car?

atleast Julia Roberts knew how to drive the damn thing. Richard Gere couldn't shift worth shift.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
If I want to see an Esprit, I'll watch Basic Instinct, because I get to see an Esprit, hot chick on chick action and Sharon Stones vajayjay.

As far as Pretty Woman - nope. Two of the most annoying celebritards on the planet (Gere and Roberts).

·
Registered
124 Posts
+1 for Basic Instinct. One of my favorite movies. Love the Esprit vs Mustang head to head sequence

·
Super Moderator
3,738 Posts
+1 for Basic Instinct. One of my favorite movies. Love the Esprit vs Mustang head to head sequence
Yep - I owned a 1992 Mustang GT convertible and today I own a Stevens Esprit (as both appeared in the movie). I still cringe when I see both cars trashed - the Mustang shredding bodywork throughout San Francisco and especially the Esprit going over the bridge in slow motion. :eek:

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Someone told me yesterday that the Lotus in pretty woman had lambo doors. Those of you who have seen this recently, is that true?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I met someone who swears his uncle was the ER doc that saw Richard Gere in New York (or wherever) for the impacted gerbil in the rectum story. He said the gerbil's nails were dipped in coke so when it panicked and clawed away, there was that extra "kick."

Not sure if true, but funny (and revolting) nonetheless.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The guy who owned the Esprit in the PW movie at the time it was filmed used to be in the DC Lotus Ltd group. At one point he was trying to sell it with a huge premium by virtue of it being in the movie, complete with a letter signed by either Gere or Roberts, I don't recall now.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I like both Pretty Woman and Basic Instinct.

Sadder though is to watch "2012" to see the 1 second sequence of an Elise falling out of a plane.

Or seeing "Faster", to see the 10 seconds of an Elise racing a Ferrari.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So now you guys are telling me that I need to watch Basic Instinct? I can't believe I've never seen it.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
You've never seen Basic Instinct?

An Esprit and a vagina. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I was consumed by Back to the Future II and III at that time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, you need to see it. In addition to the San Fran chase scene previously mentioned, there's also a scene in which the Esprit is driven enthusiastically along a coast road.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There's a great skit on YouTube Jim Carrey playing Vera De Milo in Pretty Buffed Woman. Jim spoofs on Julia Roberts as female body builder Vera De Milo and there's a white '87 G car in the video.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts