The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually not very impulsive, especially when it comes to larger purchases and having looked around a bit since putting a deposit on a 2011 Evora, I'm starting to wonder if I didn't overpay. Here's what I have a deposit on:

2011 Evora 2+2, 8K Miles
Sports Gearbox
Metallic Paint
Backup Camera
Sport Pack
Premium Pack
Tech Pack
Black Package
Starshield
(Installed options confirmed by Lotus)

The dealer (non-Lotus) said there's still 13 months on the manufacturer warranty (trying to confirm that).

I was able to see it in person and I got to test drive it...so it's not like I'm buying it sight unseen. But as I wait for it to get back from the Lotus dealer (AC condenser being replaced and a few other things taken care of), I can't help but wonder if I could have worked a better deal or found a better deal.

I'm interested to hear what folks think would be a reasonable price for this Evora. Yes, I really like it. I like the color combo too (Storm TI / Black). Yes, I'm sure I'll enjoy it...but not as much if I overpaid by $5K. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd say mid-50s is fair for out the door.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
52-53K sounds about right

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm right at the mid-50's and would seem to be toward the higher end of what you're suggesting. I guess I could re-negotiate a bit, as I only have a deposit down.

The one time I don't over-analyze something I wind up paying too much. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Quit stewing and just enjoy the car. ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
If they're asking over $60k, you're paying to much. If you're paying mid-$50s, you're pay about right. If your paying under $50, I'd wonder what's wrong since it's a dealer sale.

Oh, and the ability to have actually seen and test drive the car, plus the fact you're enthusiastic about it is worth some $$$ too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you really like the car I would justify paying even top dollar because these Evoras is few and stretch far across the world. What's $2-3K???

It may end up to be a less problematic one than a different deal $5k cheaper with say a clutch needed.

DO IT!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
NADA says mid 50's to high 50's is correct. Don't go over 60 and don't expect them to go to low 50s unless really desperate or something wrong with car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...I'm feeling better about it now. My wife thinks we got a good deal, so maybe I shouldn't be questioning the price at all!

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
If you're happy, its a good deal. I will stand corrected in my thinking. 52-53K is a good private sale price, 55K is a good dealer price as they have to warranty car etc... Just buy it man!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just do it, I also think I didn't get the absolute lowest deal possible, but every time i drive the car it absolutely delights me & I have a huge smile on my face.

Just do it!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Again mid-50s is fair out the door. I would do a thorough pre-purchase inspection (if you haven't). So many things to look for, but I would pay attention to:

Tire wear
Seat wear - especially on the side bolsters
Verify warranty length
Clutch engagement feel

Also is their a service record available?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love this place! Thanks for the insight and info. It's definitely helped and made me feel better about my purchase...and yeah, even if I overpaid a couple grand (or maybe I didn't)...I'm sure it'll be worth it.

My wife already has plans for us to take it places and my teenage boys are in a heated debate as to who gets to ride home with me when I pick it up. There's sure to be lots of smiles on a number of faces every time we take it out. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to pick it up until Saturday.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Well, there are two cars that you can use as guides, both for sale by the same retailer. One is a 2010 NA car with 8k miles at $49.9, and the other is a 2012 S with 22ishk miles for $59.9. It doesn't seem like the car you are interested in should be anything much beyond very low $50s?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts