The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My Boxster S lease is over in February. So, I'm eyeing the Evora again. How much are dealers discounting their 2011/2012 Evora and Evora S?

PS: Is there much of a difference between 2011 and 2012? I believe the 2011 had updates over the 2010?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I purchased my new 2011 on Feb-2012 at a great discount. Not sure if that will ever happen again. prices for pre-owned 2011 are all over the place (55k and up depending on miles and options). The Evora S are holding values and deep discounts are rare + The 2012 is very limited so I dont see the discounts being too aggressive unless Lotus closes its doors.-eek- I would get the newest car you can afford. The 2012 is a better car than the 2011 as the 2011 is better than the 2010. It the small tweaks, better refinement and upgrades for each year.

During the winter of 2012 a new 2011 with a MSRP of 80k could have sold for 60 to 65k. Even though it was rare to get that discount I Just dont see that happening this winter. ;)

Hey I had two Box one 2004 S and a 2000 reg. I also had a 2003 MV Agusta, What a bike. Good luck

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
almost no money on 2012 cars..maybe a little, but they're all S, IPS or limited edition cars. One NA 6 spd in 2012 came to the US. 12 has very noticeable improvements over the previous cars.

2011 has improvements that get better the later in the 2011 model year you go from 2010. Still some deals on 11s to be had, not as good on an S model but I'm sure you can get a decent deal. 2011 NA are going for great prices right now and there is still a reasonable selection. It seems that even the 2010 NA have hit the bottom for now for resale. Depending on what options/colors YOU want, a 2010 should be in the 50s, a 2011 50s-60s, and a 2011 S model in the 60s-70s. These prices are ranges and seem to be what the market is driving in GENERAL right now.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
I call the 2012 version a big improvment over the 2011's both in interior fit and finish and shifter aloong with the minor improvments/fixes from year to year. Unfortunately only a total of 158 for the US market and 90 of those were ISP which is either a deal sealer or killer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
During the winter of 2012 a new 2011 with a MSRP of 80k could have sold for 60 to 65k. Even though it was rare to get that discount I Just dont see that happening this winter. ;)
During the late fall of 2011, I purchased my brand new 2011 Evora for $55,000.
Don't anticipate ever seeing that happening again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How many Evora's came to the US in 10, 11? Really, only 158 for 2012 MY? Are they really selling that poorly? I may get one in a year or 2. Don't know if I could part with my NSX for one though. I would have to add I think.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I had a chance to drive a buddy's NSX back to back (we swapped cars), and his impression was that the first gear was way too short. I guess he is used to waiting for VTEC to kick in before torque was available. He didn't say much else, so I wasn't sure how much he liked the Evora. Conversely, my complaint was the exact opposite. No torque on tap until you really lay our foot down into higher RPM ranges, and man it takes a long time to climb. It doesn't have that kick-in-the-butt power that the Evora had. My other complaint was the steering was very heavy by comparison. Not a problem at high speeds though. On the other hand the NSX was quite comfy. His seats were nice and broken into :) Being a convertible, visibility was awesome and made for a more visceral experience. I can see why the car was so fun to drive. In a coupe you just don't get that wind-blowing-through-your-hair thrill that you do in a convertible. Combined with unadulterated exhaust sounds of VTEC blasting your ear drums, it's quite something. At the time my Evora was completely stock so the experience was quite a contrast, really. But I've made some mods since that have vastly improved my enjoyment of the car.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
How many Evora's came to the US in 10, 11? Really, only 158 for 2012 MY? Are they really selling that poorly? I may get one in a year or 2. Don't know if I could part with my NSX for one though. I would have to add I think.
2012 was plagued with ownership change/production freeze more than global demand issues, 2013 is starting off with production/supply changes issues. Sounds like Boeing.

Evora production for US market:

2010 241 all NA
2011 359; 285 NA , 74 S
2012 158; 1 NA-6sp 90 NA-IPS, 53 S, 14 S GP Edition

Now world market and total all model output is only way to measure a car companies position, is much higher in the thousands but it si not healty with an almost continual decline with '06 was over 3k and '12 maybe just over 1k

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Thanks , been looking for those numbers.
1 of 758 is pretty sweet. And we complain about a few niggles!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Are they still making Elise's and Exiges? Isn't the Evora now the only car Lotus is pushing?
The Elise and Exiges are for non USA only. They no longer use the old Toyota 1.8 motors. In the Exige S it is now the same Toyota V 6 supercharged motor as the Evora S.
Ron

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
But, as with the current Elise/Exige, the Exige S (V6) is not U.S.-legal, so for now Evoras are the only Lotus cars sold in the U.S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts