The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the Lotus club and picked up a 2011 Evora. I love the car to death, but I’m curious as to how they hold their value, especially the 2011, if they have a high mileage in the 100k range. I see a lot of people here almost scared to take theirs out to drive in less than perfect conditions or to put more than 1000 miles on the vehicle in a year. I understand it’s personal preference, but weren’t these cars built to be driven?

Anyways, I’d like to drive this thing without concern with yearly mileage. Currently shooting for 5-6k maybe more with country runs. I haven’t seen an Evora for sale with more than 40k miles, and their prices are no different from those with 10k. Has anyone witnessed value drop at higher mileage?

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Just bought mine in August:
Drove and looked at an '11 S with 70k miles and in need of TONS of work. List price was $31k, and that wasn't worth buying to me.

I suspect it's going to be way more about the condition than the miles per se.

No other listings I saw in the prior 18 months had more than 30-40k... and those were unusual.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just bought mine in August:
Drove and looked at an '11 S with 70k miles and in need of TONS of work. List price was $31k, and that wasn't worth buying to me.

I suspect it's going to be way more about the condition than the miles per se.

No other listings I saw in the prior 18 months had more than 30-40k... and those were unusual.
What sort of work did the 70k Evora need?

·
Scott M
293 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it also has to do with how well the car is maintained. My 2011 NA has 40K on it. I put less than 3000 per year on it, and bought it with 31K. I just had it in for routine maintenance and the tech commented on how it was practically perfect. Everything works as it should, and with the exception of the headlights needing a good once over just because I want to do it, it needs nothing. It also has the Inokinetic shifter and cables plus an exhaust.

If it was on the market, I’d have no issue pricing it as high as a low mileage car that’s had nothing done to it. IMHO a well sorted properly maintained car holds its value just fine despite reasonable mileage and use.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just joined the Lotus club and picked up a 2011 Evora. I love the car to death, but I’m curious as to how they hold their value, especially the 2011, if they have a high mileage in the 100k range. I see a lot of people here almost scared to take theirs out to drive in less than perfect conditions or to put more than 1000 miles on the vehicle in a year. I understand it’s personal preference, but weren’t these cars built to be driven?

Anyways, I’d like to drive this thing without concern with yearly mileage. Currently shooting for 5-6k maybe more with country runs. I haven’t seen an Evora for sale with more than 40k miles, and their prices are no different from those with 10k. Has anyone witnessed value drop at higher mileage?

I think you needed to title the thread differently since you already have one.

I'm understanding it that you want to see how badly adding miles will deprecriate an Evora?

Mileage will be a factor but not nearly as much as other exotics. I don't think people don't drive them out of worry of them depreciating, I think (as in my case) its a toy that I don't have time to enjoy a lot.

I haven't been paying close attention the market recently. Putting 6-7000 miles a year will not hurt it's value too much, maybe a few thousand difference over a similar condition. I think the bigger influence on cars is the actual condition of the car, ie how well it was maintenained, how clean the interior/body is etc. Sure an Evora with 100,000 miles will be worth less than one with 15,000 but I think the market is bottoming out - so a perfect well sorted 100,000 mile car might be $28-30,000 (pure guess as I haven't seen one for sale with that mileage) over say an exact same condition/optioned low mileage at $38-40,000. But a rough low mileage car would be close to $30,000. If you look at the Elise market you'll see the same thing and it's a good indicator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts