The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
brilliant marketing on their part, introducing the car initially with an artificially low price, knowing the dealers would be marking them up anyhow......

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
ummmm... you already pulled the car into the garage and you haven't posted pics yet?!?!? :no:

·
Registered
788 Posts
:shrug: reminds me of a small British Sports Car maker in Oct 05

btw I'd venture to guess Nissan was buying market share at 70K in addition to getting the price into all of the reviews. Hope folks say :no: and bail on open orders if they already placed them and get stuck with the increase.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats! Were you as excited as when you picked up your Elise from the dealer??

I haven't seen the GTR in person yet but I heard the car is Big.

I guess you're planning to keep the car so, Let us know how it rides as you are putting mileage on it.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Congrats! Were you as excited as when you picked up your Elise from the dealer??

I haven't seen the GTR in person yet but I heard the car is Big.

I guess you're planning to keep the car so, Let us know how it rides as you are putting mileage on it.

It's very big.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
There was 5 GT-R's at Cars and Coffee this morning, one was parked next to a 911 and it made the 911 look Lotus size rotfl

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
:shrug: reminds me of a small British Sports Car maker in Oct 05

btw I'd venture to guess Nissan was buying market share at 70K in addition to getting the price into all of the reviews. Hope folks say :no: and bail on open orders if they already placed them and get stuck with the increase.
Price increase is not affecting already placed orders. Don't blame Nissan. Like Lotus, and every other car manufacturer, the cost of the building the car is going up. Raw materials are becoming more and more expensive. The price of the GT-R was set more than a year before it was released to market.

I don't think the people buying one will be too upset. A lot are already paying over msrp anyway.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Still a great bargain.

Congrats, you finally got it. Now it's raining and ugly outside, you can sneak into your garage and take some pics :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wow! That is $15K more than a nicely equiped M3 coupe. Understand the GT-R performance but 15K is 15K and look aside (on both) would take the M3.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Wow! That is $15K more than a nicely equiped M3 coupe. Understand the GT-R performance but 15K is 15K and look aside (on both) would take the M3.
I think it depends on what you want... Nobody who buys a super-performance vehicle thinks about things the way you do. Value means way less than performance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts