The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to change the color of an interior? For example from Charcoal to Oyster or Red? The seats, center console, shifter console and side doors. Not the entire side door but where its black and oyster or whatever color together. Just curious as I found an amazing deal on a used S but I don't like the dark interior.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
3 to 5 thousand, depending on where you live and the quality of the leather.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
While going from oyster to any other color would be cheap (by way of repainting), going from charcoal to any other color besides a black will be very, very expensive since you won't be able to repaint.

If you want a consistent look, you'll need to change out the center console, seats, door trim, backseat trim band, instrument surround, and even the rear lid trim (if it's not black). It'll run you about $6300.

If you just want the seats, door trims, center console trim, and instrument surround , it'll still be about $5500. About the same price as if you were to have it professionally reupholstered. Except that you may be able to cut your cost down to at least half--if you can find buyers for the original pieces.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Where would I be able to order these parts? Directly from lotus? If so do you have a contact #? Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts