The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
This has been discussed previously. Lotus officially said it will be releasing info this FALL 2021 which is 9/22-12/21. Have patience this is Lotus and you will need it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Last week Exigence automotive did a facebook post telling more info for the Emira shortly, stay tuned.

I asked please let us know a date.

They answered next week. september 13th to 17th.

Let’s hope this is true cause It is killing me not knowing if my dream can comes true.

I already sold one of my 3 sports cars at the end of july and a second one is currently for sale and we still dont even know the price of the car.

I am in 6th place at my dealer so in very good position for 2022.

My budget is 88-90K US or 110-113K Canadian + taxs = 130K . I cannot go farther then that.

Reactions: VL3X

·
Registered
97 Posts
I heard it was this week..

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
How could Lotus resist such an eloquent request for information?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It look like Lotuscars are a lot more active onto instagram then facebook. I never see them answering to hundred of comments under their facebook post.

Anyway my rep salesman told me September either. So I think the light at the end of the tunnel is not too far away.

Reactions: vcappp

·
Registered
307 Posts
Lotus of Naples told me a base price of (around) $80 for the V6. No exact numbers...this was back in July FWIW.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buddy just got a email from a dealer in so cal saying nothing official but they said they believe it'll be 80k for i4 and 100k for v6. I feel like this would price them out of the segment they're targeting though....

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's going to take a big leap of faith to place a final nonrefundable order before ever sitting in even a preproduction version of the car. I'm curious if Lotus will manage to do a tour to at least their major dealerships before opening the build allocations.

·
Registered
2016 SQ5, 2015 GTI, 2006 Elise (sold)
34 Posts
It's going to take a big leap of faith to place a final nonrefundable order before ever sitting in even a preproduction version of the car. I'm curious if Lotus will manage to do a tour to at least their major dealerships before opening the build allocations.
Not so sure about that, based on the hype surrounding this car I would guess a majority of buyers (myself included) will move forward without having seen one in the flesh.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, 2005 Honda S2000, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-Sport
24 Posts
Expanding on this slightly, has there been any "word" that Lotus will be expanding their dealership network? If they are truly attempting to expand sales they need to reach and support a larger audience.

·
Registered
2016 SQ5, 2015 GTI, 2006 Elise (sold)
34 Posts
Expanding on this slightly, has there been any "word" that Lotus will be expanding their dealership network? If they are truly attempting to expand sales they need to reach and support a larger audience.
I’ve read that they are looking to open 7 new dealers, however no details were given as to where and when.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’ve read that they are looking to open 7 new dealers, however no details were given as to where and when.
I'm sure most of those 7 will just be their own dedicated Lotus buildings vs being part of an existing dealership. For example, the dealer who holds my deposit is Lotus of North Jersey. They are almost done building their new dedicated Lotus showroom, but up until now, it's always been a part of the Summit Aston Martin dealer. The new Lotus spot is a mile down the road next to another one of their dealerships. So it's not exactly new locations and added service areas.. Just "expanded" in the same location.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My buddy just got a email from a dealer in so cal saying nothing official but they said they believe it'll be 80k for i4 and 100k for v6. I feel like this would price them out of the segment they're targeting though....
Used prices of C8 are in the high 80s and even 90s. So I don't think this price them out of the segment. There's the entry base 80k i4 version for consumers that can't afford another 20k. Lotus shouldn't have to degrade their brand image and sale cheap to increase sale volume. This only benefit dealers that markup over MSRP and consumers flipping the car. I rather have Lotus profit that money and put more into quality control, research and development. The auto market now is crazy now. Regular commuter cars are selling 5K over MSRP and trucks are selling for much more than MSRP. Why sale Emira cheap when the demand is already there?

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
Lambo of Charlotte recently became a Lotus dealer.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts