The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it may be time to sell my Elise-- not because I don't love her but because a Ferrari with the exact color combination and options list is up on the market. My question to those of you more in tune with the market is how I should price the car. Here are some details:

2006 Solar Yellow Elise
Clean and clear title
67k miles
VFII supercharger kit (CharlieX tune)
hard and soft tops
Touring and Sport pack
aftermarket head unit with MP3 cord
Walbro 255 fuel pump
2bular track exhaust
Southern California car always regularly maintained
Have all stock parts to go back to naturally aspirated

She's in excellent condition. There is no fiberglass damage, the seats are in excellent condition, and the supercharger was installed earlier this year. I am the third owner. Ideally, I'd like to price the car fairly competitively to move it sooner than later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in the market and have looked at a ton of cars for a long time. From what I've seen, you're probably $26-28k-ish due to relatively high miles on a non-stock car. As a buyer in the market, I'd honestly give most mods I've seen zero to slightly negative value. Having not owned an Elise yet, frankly I'm ignorant and slightly intimidated by mods - knowing what's good/not, what's installed right/not, etc. Of course not everyone wants what I do and more seasoned Elise folks may be really stoked by your set up, particularly as it sounds like the car is mostly stock and tastefully done with good options. Hope that helps. Good luck!

·
Less is Better
2,981 Posts
If you wanted to get the most $$$ from the sale, I'd return the car to NA and sell the supercharger separately. That's almost always the best way to make money back from modifications. You could probably make an extra $2000-$3000. Of course, the honest thing would be to let potential buyers know that the car used to be forced induction.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
26K cuz its end of season. 28K next spring. Forget taking it a part. Plenty of folks want an SC esp if its well sorted out already. That would be what I looked for at least

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
26K cuz its end of season. 28K next spring. Forget taking it a part. Plenty of folks want an SC esp if its well sorted out already. That would be what I looked for at least
pretty much this...

mid-high 20's is reasonable depending on season

miles are a bit high, but the mods are tasteful from the sounds of it...

i doubt you have any problem unloading it in a reasonable amount of time if you price it right around 26k

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I would say 28k to 30k as it sits would be a good asking price. If you need to sell it fast to ensure you get the car you want, put 26k firm and you should sell it fast

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone's thoughts are pretty well in line with what I was thinking. I will probably list it at $28.5k as it sits and offer the option to purchase the car N/A for $26k.

The car has been supercharged for less than 10,000 miles and hasn't been driven the way a car with a supercharger should.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
im gonna be the optimistic one and say 32k should be your starting point and should be listed in the spring. My reasoning for that is purely for the rarity of the car. There has been months on here where the demand surpasses the supply. If you pick your timing right you'll be unload purely because of someones desperation.

do the research. R titled 05s are listed for 24-26k. high mileage 05s are listed in the mid to high 20s. low mileage 05s are in the 30s. low mileage 06s are in the mid 30s. If you are not in a rush and have the abiilty to wait then the buyer will come along.

Also another option is to return the car to stock, part the mods and sell the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm located in Oklahoma. If I do decide to remove the supercharger, I will most likely keep the setup and put it on the next Lotus I own. I love these cars far too much to be calling it quits for good.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
im gonna be the optimistic one and say 32k should be your starting point and should be listed in the spring. My reasoning for that is purely for the rarity of the car. There has been months on here where the demand surpasses the supply. If you pick your timing right you'll be unload purely because of someones desperation.

do the research. R titled 05s are listed for 24-26k. high mileage 05s are listed in the mid to high 20s. low mileage 05s are in the 30s. low mileage 06s are in the mid 30s. If you are not in a rush and have the abiilty to wait then the buyer will come along.

Also another option is to return the car to stock, part the mods and sell the car.
yup. And it will only get rarer as more and more Eliges become....uh...donor cars to the used parts pool, or track only rebuilds. Seroiusly - 5000-5500 federal models still on the road maybe? And dropping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts