The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting an Elise SC eventually. What I want to know is when will pricing start becoming flexible? How much below MSRP would I be able to get (or should I be able to get?).

If anyone could let me know what kind of deals they got on their recent Elise or Exige purchase that would be great. Please send me a PM..

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
I'm planning on getting an Elise SC eventually. What I want to know is when will pricing start becoming flexible? How much below MSRP would I be able to get (or should I be able to get?).

If anyone could let me know what kind of deals they got on their recent Elise or Exige purchase that would be great. Please send me a PM..

Thanks!

I don't know that there will be many compelling 'deals' on new Elise SC's and Exiges. I mean actual new cars, not leftover 07's.

Most of the dealers learned their lessons by overordering in the first couple of years, and again overestimated demand at MSRP for the 07 Exige S's. A lot of them ordered cars for the lot.

Don't see a whole lot of that now. They're ordering cars pretty much for known buyers.

Probably won't see many leftovers of 08's and later, 09's, so you won't see too many deals on them.

IMHO

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I agree. I think maybe a thousand or two...maybe three and that's just a really rough guess. Right now the best deals are on the 2007 Exige S (like $10K off)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't see why someone would even buy the elise SC... first we saw the exige s 220, then a year later the exige s 240... well shoot, if the elise sc is only 220 now then what's it gonna be next year? Would seem a waste if the 2009 model is gonna be more powerful, what's the point... :shrug:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Next year - probably 220. It's really a gamble if you think they'll be an update the next year. Normally, with Lotus (especially an Exige), I'd say yes. But with the Eagle coming out for 2009, I doubt you'll get more than just cosmetic upgrades on the Elise and Exige lines.....but I could be wrong. I suppose we'll find out on July 23.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I would get an 07 Exige S, but I really want a soft top...
Soft tops are not hard to come by and fit on the Exige S. You may be able to find some used ones on this forum from $300 to $500.

I think the only technical draw back to an Exige S over the Elise the lack of review view but Multivex mirrors or a camera system can fix that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent, soft top exige s it is... Can you guys help me get a good price on an 07 exige s?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Excellent, soft top exige s it is... Can you guys help me get a good price on an 07 exige s?
rotfl A price so low that a used Exige S won't even be a consideration.

(Just don't buy the ugly Tomato colored one he has blah! It's called Crayon Red) rotfl No, I'm just kidding. Canyon Red is a stunning color. So is the Magnetic Blue.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I heard if you make the exige a soft top (or run it with the top off) it disrupts airflow and makes the engine run hot or even over heat.. damage!

This was from a lotus mechanic...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts