The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have thoughts on pricing for a LE with 14,000 miles. Out of warranty, 2 owners thus far. No issues that I know of, new tires. Private party sale. Considering making an offer but lack of warranty worries me ..... Steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010 .. Launch Edition so fully optioned

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
If the previous owner has a long list of warranty issues you're OK. All the teething issues of the Lord will have been fixed. If there supposedly weren't any stay away.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I suggest driving it before purchasing the car. Check and "feel" for clutch related issues. A lot of the warranty problems people have had are very minor with the exception of a few premature clutch issues.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tbd, good advice and yes, he has the usual list of LE warranty issues that have been addressed. My problem is I really don't think a market has developed for out of warranty Evoras, and I don't want to find myself overestimating value and paying for that in a year or so when I trade this and upgrade to an S ...

CFRP, another good point. You almost have to figure the cost of a new clutch in determining price.

Steve

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Autotrader shows two 2010 units within 200 miles of me, one an LE with remaining warranty for $48k and $47.5k, so that gives you a starting point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have thoughts on pricing for a LE with 14,000 miles. Out of warranty, 2 owners thus far. No issues that I know of, new tires. Private party sale. Considering making an offer but lack of warranty worries me ..... Steve
Unless you get a super deal I wouldn't go for out of warranty. but I agree if the previous owners have gotten a laundry list of things fixed then there is better chance you might be okay.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can get the VIN and check with a dealer for a history of the car. 2010 had a lot of issues that were improved in later models, it's a gamble if the clutch hasn't been changed. Drive the car and feel if the clutch is stiff or hard to engage, that will give an indication. @ $4600 for a new clutch replacement (S clutch & flywheel), that would be my biggest concern, not too many other things that can't be fixed fairly easily. Success! :up:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, the issues with clutches worry me most. I don't have $5k lying around and don't trust myself to correctly diagnose a clutch on the way out, if that's even possible. Pretty sure that absent slipping, the way you know you need a new clutch is you find yourself on the phone with the tow truck guy!

If we get that far, I will be sure to check the pedal feel though, thanks for the tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts