The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think the issue you have is that you need ten posts to PM.

After that, there's a menu under their name, "Private Message."

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I think the issue you have is that you need ten posts to PM.

After that, there's a menu under their name, "Private Message."
This is exactly what is happening. There was a rash of unsavory people who were selling bogus parts last year. The 10 post pm was introduced to help keep these folk off the site. I mean it was only a 10 post limit, but the crooks didn't want to actually have to work to rip people off and they went away.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Since we are on the topic of private messages...

I no longer get email notification of a private message. I have not changed my settings but I checked anyway and it looks like I'm still setup to receive the email notification. Has this happened to anyone else??

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
Since we are on the topic of private messages...

I no longer get email notification of a private message. I have not changed my settings but I checked anyway and it looks like I'm still setup to receive the email notification. Has this happened to anyone else??
I have had mine start going to my spam folder for some reason. You might check there.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
Hey guys,

If you are finding that this is getting asked quite a lot, we can make a notice that will show to members who are below the minimum posts needed. It would show up at the top of every page (provided we want it to show on every page) and can be set to remain up until they have the right post count, or we can make it so members can dismiss the message.

~Sheena

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
Hey guys,

If you are finding that this is getting asked quite a lot, we can make a notice that will show to members who are below the minimum posts needed. It would show up at the top of every page (provided we want it to show on every page) and can be set to remain up until they have the right post count, or we can make it so members can dismiss the message.

~Sheena
Bad thing is, it already tells members in the first email they get when they register, that they won't be able to send PM's until they hit 5 posts. Most likely no one reads it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts