The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well apparently although I have been a member for a little bit and have both SENT and RECEIVED private messages it appears that I now need over 10 posts to PM another user.

This is #8.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think it's to cut down on the riff raff - like me! Yes, I'm building my post count too. I have a harness bar and harnesses to put up for sale, but I don't have enough posts to place the ad yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right. It's a bit frustrating. I'm on the hunt for a second set of wheels to buy and mount some A6's to. Not having ability to PM puts me at a disadvantage. Good stuff does not stay posted long.

Ironically, doesn't this posting policy produce more posts of poor or thin content like my replies?

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Well apparently although I have been a member for a little bit and have both SENT and RECEIVED private messages it appears that I now need over 10 posts to PM another user.

This is #8.
I see you are up to 11. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Right. It's a bit frustrating. I'm on the hunt for a second set of wheels to buy and mount some A6's to. Not having ability to PM puts me at a disadvantage. Good stuff does not stay posted long.

Ironically, doesn't this posting policy produce more posts of poor or thin content like my replies?
Sure. Post me back to tell you what you think of that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In part, I wonder wether this site is consider by the members to be the same, better or worse since the PM policy has been in place.
If its better, then its a good thing. If no change, then....

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
In part, I wonder wether this site is consider by the members to be the same, better or worse since the PM policy has been in place.
If its better, then its a good thing. If no change, then....

It's not that much of a hassle, really. Post me back to explain what you think of this.

:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmm.

Let me ponder that. Is it much of a hassel? Hmm. still thinking. I'll have to get back to you on that.

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
You could have educated yourself with a little research. The mods are pretty good about educating...I suggest you go to the forum and find the thread, "HI IM NEW HERE!!". Ahhh...what the hell...see below

*Attention all new users READ*
By far the question we get asked the most by new users is: "Why can't I PM or start a thread in the for sale section?"

To be able to send a pm or to start a new thread in the marketplace, you have to be a member for 10 days and have at least 10 posts. We do this because we have had an issue in the past with scammers and this helps to keep them away.

Do not spam a thread with posts with numbers up to ten.

Thanks!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well here I am also to bump my post count, really a shame because I'm trying to buy something from another member but can't contact them...

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Whom are you trying to purchase from?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.