The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day is contingent on a firm commitment of a total of 15 cars @ $300 we now have 8 committed. If you have never run in one of Jacks track days these are the best no 500HP mustangs with a salvage title dive bombing you into a corner. You must have track experience you don't have to be fast but you need to feel comfortable on the track. Passing is only on the straights with a point by. Safety is the number one priority there has never been 2 cars getting together at one of Jacks events. You will have all the track time you want some guys do 250+ track miles. Jack needs to have commitments by Friday night if we don't get 15 cars it will be cancelled. If your wondering why I'm doing the post is Jack is at the track after all it's been 48 hours since he was there. PM Jack if interested there will be several ET members in attendance I'll be there and will provide free tech support in between track sessions. carl

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Having attended many of Jack's track days (and planning to attend this one as well), this is a great opportunity for Lotus Talk members to enjoy a self-paced day at the track, hang with other Lotus drivers, have all the track time you can take, and no worries about a crowded track. The weather should be really nice too - sunny and high 70s! :up:

Come out and play!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yah they're great! They're also invitation-only. This is a rare short-notice deal and a rare opportunity. SOW is a great track for our cars as well IMO. One of my favorites.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Drat too! I'll be in the hospital for cardio tests.
I'll think about you all having fun and I'll smile!

--Hal

·
Registered
262 Posts
New track surface is much more consitant, couple of rough spots. Hard to read the line, the new pavement is so dark. That track generally beats me up. I was running 127s with a 127.3 best.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Now you're getting me started. I had a really great day, but that new tarmac is crap. No grip like a cheap parking lot with greasy sealer on it. Everyone was saying the cars were understeering like crazy. It's funny - they paved T3-T6 but totally neglected to repair that wretched little pothole that's been plagueing the entry to skidpad for over a year now and the skid pad is rougher than most city streets in LA. There are literally shelves at the edges of the new pavement - enough to hear knocks in the suspension (T4 apex). I managed some 127s too, but it was HARD work (and tons of fun!).

Stand 21's crew came out and let anyone who wanted try on their firesuits and racing gear. What a treat. Their stuff is SOOOO much better than anything I've seen on the market. You can feel the breeze blowing through the fabric of their suits - sooo breathable and cool. THey use ths special nomex knit fabric that is stretchy and cool - patented I beleive. And the shoes feel like bedroom slippers but have total control and sensitivity on the pedals. THey also had zero itch underwear and custom helmets. Amazing (and costly) stuff. Jack and I decided to buy suits. I'm going to go all the way with their stuff since I'm a total sucker for high end tech stuff and everything else on the market reminds me of Nascar rednecks.

I'll be working on a nicely discounted group buy after the LCS event on 5/28 when Stand21 will come out and give us a tech talk and more trials. Thanks Gildas /Stand 21 for coming out with all the cool treats. You spoiled us rotten and laid waste to every American racing gear mfr. in my mind at least.

Check out Stand21's stuff at Stand 21 USA California racewear for racing drivers helmets HANS device overalls suits boots gloves underwear casques combinaisons gants bottines sous-vêtements heat stress control competition automobile teamwear

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Stand 21 is awesome stuff. They had a free safety seminar last weekend @ Eibach for the offroad race industry. They are definetely a leader in progressing safety equipment. Their new helmets are amazing. I wish my car was together, it hurts everytime I miss a Jackday. Hopefully soon.:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts