The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a problem with my series 1 elise 111 S. I realize that having a series 1 car may limit the ability of people on this forum to help diagnose the problem, but I thought I would give it a shot.

On the last drive of the season before putting the car away for the winter I went over an fairly average bump on the highway and instantly lost about 50-75% of the power in the car. I was barely able to maintain highway speeds and limped home. I have not had a chance to even look at the car since then, and I am planning to try to diagnose the problem this weekend. I don't have easy access to the car until this weekend, so I cannot check things based on advice until then, but I would greatly appreciate it if anyone had some suggestions on what to start with. I am thinking something electrical, but not sure what.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If I were you (if you haven't already) I'd post this on SELOC, because it's based in the UK and there are far, far more S1 Elise owners/drivers there. In fact, S2 owners often get teased about having the "hairdressers" version... :)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Check for loose spark plug wires. Loose electrical connections, loose vacuum hoses. Had a catalytic converter break down once causing an exhaust restriction. Fuel Filter plugged up That bump you hit was actually a mountain and you were climbing a steep grade…..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback so far guys. I guess maybe I should try the other forum, but in the meantime, if anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I like hairdressers...but seriously, I had a cat on my 1999 SI melt down while in Germany.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts