The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. By Gods grace i scrambled enough money to purchase an 06 Elise today. The only issue the car has is that the passenger door will not open from the outside. I am praying that i am just missing something simple like the adult proof lock or something. If this has happened to anyone previously who might be of help please let me know. Thank you so much and i look forward to talking with you all.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hello everyone. By Gods grace i scrambled enough money to purchase an 06 Elise today. The only issue the car has is that the passenger door will not open from the outside. I am praying that i am just missing something simple like the adult proof lock or something. If this has happened to anyone previously who might be of help please let me know. Thank you so much and i look forward to talking with you all.
Yes, the child lock is right next to the seat heater switch ;)

Sounds like you may need to take of the inner door panel and poke around inside the door-

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Try unlocking the door with the key.

The way the locks on this car work is that the key physically disconnects the latch opening mechanism - so even if the electronic locks are in the unlocked position, the outside button still won't do anything.

ed

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Try unlocking the door with the key.

The way the locks on this car work is that the key physically disconnects the latch opening mechanism - so even if the electronic locks are in the unlocked position, the outside button still won't do anything.

ed
:up:

i did this in my first week.. i was very confused...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The outside door button key cylinder slot thing must be in the horizontal position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try the manual key trick. And god willing it will work. It is under warranty but its hard cause I work allot and my job sometime requires 24 hour days in a row. And to bring it to lotus is almost impossible, paying this car of is not easy. I'm young yet and run a small graphics company and work as much as I can just to pay her off

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The outside door button key cylinder slot thing must be in the horizontal position.
I thought mine was busted the first day I got it home, but it turned out to be this hozinontal-position-slot-thing :wallbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts