The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the guy with the new nf blue 111r got those problems fixed. This kinda has me worried. If those kind of things happen to me after buying this car i'm gonna freak! Do you guys think that changing from the rover engine and upgrading the roof and interior features should rid us of most of the problems of the past. All of the dealers i talk to seem to think it is going to be super reliable and for the most part problem free. I sure hope so. What are the thoughts out there?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've my 111r for 2.000 miles and 2 month now, and have never experienced any problem with the car.
On the contrary, it makes me happy every time I sit behind the wheel, and make all other fast car owners wonder :D
So far, so good for me and my 111R:).

Pls, don't stress yourself. The car itself isn't brand new. It has some changes in suspension and other areas, but basically its the S2 (chassis wise) we knew, so major production faults won't occur. The biggest chage of course is the Toyota engine, which makes it a completely different car, in terms of reliabilty, performance, etc.

I believe that since Lotus made the 111R only to further open her wings over the US market via the Federal Elise edition, the company made huge investments in order to deliver a proper car to US customers that either want a decent value for their $$$, or don't want to bother with fixing it themselves, as EU fans (myself included :) ) tend to do sometimes :D...

It'd be shame to be prejudiced with a car that haven't even landed on your soil...You'll see that the new 111R is far more reliable that any other Lotus, and equally reliable as any well built, still handmade, car...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks theob, you have settled my worries. I guess that that other guy just got unlucky with that one car and i'm sure that they will fix the probs. One other thing, would you order the hard top with the car or not. I keep hearing things about having to adjust the windows when you want to change tops to keep from leaking. Doesn't sound too fun. I think i may just stick with the touring rag top.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know if you've herad that rumour from older S2 or S1 Elises. These cars used to have problems with their roof tops. Lotus has solved the windowsleakage issues, and the car remains perfectly dry even under storm conditions (EU storms, I don't kn wo about yours which used to be much wilder... :D :D ) and I think that you won't have any problem with the hardtop too.

However you can always order the hardtop later, just before winter comes to the States. Till then enjoy your car as an open roadster as much as possible, and use either the soft (touring pack pls...) top or the sun/shower cape to protect either you or the car from the rain...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts