The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the INA-W900's, unit was taken out of the Evora to fix a frozen map update issue but now there is some problems having it put back in.

When the dealership put the unit in, the volume was full blast at just the lowest volume setting. When the switches on the bottom of the unit were switched to EQ rather than normal, the volume worked, but no audio would come out (you could hear increase of stereo hiss when increasing volume). Dealership thought the unit may have been malfunctioning so I had to take it to an Alpine service center.

Alpine verified that the unit itself is working 100%, meaning it is a car issue. Alpine thinks it might be a power problem with the audio processor in the car, but I'm curious if any other Evora owners have seen/heard of similar problems with the nav units when trying to reinstall. Won't be able to take it back to the dealership until next week.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Tracing each connection back should happen. Do you have the external equalizer? If so then it needs to be set to EQ and the equalizer needs to be setup. If not - no idea :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have one of the INA-W900's, unit was taken out of the Evora to fix a frozen map update issue but now there is some problems having it put back in.

When the dealership put the unit in, the volume was full blast at just the lowest volume setting. When the switches on the bottom of the unit were switched to EQ rather than normal, the volume worked, but no audio would come out (you could hear increase of stereo hiss when increasing volume). Dealership thought the unit may have been malfunctioning so I had to take it to an Alpine service center.

Alpine verified that the unit itself is working 100%, meaning it is a car issue. Alpine thinks it might be a power problem with the audio processor in the car, but I'm curious if any other Evora owners have seen/heard of similar problems with the nav units when trying to reinstall. Won't be able to take it back to the dealership until next week.
I have posted many times about the Alpine. I think mine was a 505. I have to check, my car was a June 2010 build date ( as a 2011). I had my Alpine in the shop three or four times. All for the same problems. The portable NAV, and the blue tooth system would not sync up with my phone all of the time. The NAV unit would freeze up.I found my self in the old (ask your mother,ask your father). Alpine USA was useless, after 4 visits to the dealer over a year and a half. With two - three months in between delivery of replacement parts. The company that Alpine has you go through for warranty claims, was pitiful. They had 0 customer service. There attitude was I was and idiot and they could not be bothered. I ask Lotus USA for a new head unit , they sent me to Alpine USA. Alpine USA sent me back to there warranty repair company. One of the problems was the head unit came from Alpine Europe, so Alpine USA was not responsible. Pluse they no longer offered my head unit. I offered to pay the difference for the new head unit and said NO. So I bought and paid for my own new Alpine head unit a (NQ927HD). It is a great head unit, it is what the car should have had all along.
Good luck with your Alpine, you will need it.
Ron:wallbang::

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have an issue with the external audio processor in mine, I had to disconnect it to get the unit to function properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts