The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Production Numbers?

13K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Andy811 
#1 ·
Any links available for Elise / Exige production numbers? Just curious how many were made / sold in the US as compared to other sports cars...
Jeff

#5 ·
Sales numbers

Read a recent article in the local newspaper about sales numbers for various auto manufacturers in 2006 and 2007. The Lotus numbers for NE Ohio were:

2006 - 21 Lotus
2007 - 11 Lotus

The decline is one of the largest percentage declines listed among the many different auto manufacturers. Overall new car sales were up slightly in 2007.

#7 ·
That might be that people ended up buying out of state in 07 because they realized the dealer in N.E. OH sucks...

Read a recent article in the local newspaper about sales numbers for various auto manufacturers in 2006 and 2007. The Lotus numbers for NE Ohio were:

2006 - 21 Lotus
2007 - 11 Lotus

The decline is one of the largest percentage declines listed among the many different auto manufacturers. Overall new car sales were up slightly in 2007.

#6 ·
My dealer told me that production was greatly reduced to around 400 Elises and slightly more Exige S's at 450. Since they over-produced Exige S's, that's why there are still so many around. I assume this is in the U.S.

Production of Elises was reduced to keep resale and exclusivity higher.

#8 ·
I just happened to be pulling some registration numbers today and I added Lotus into the mix for fun. Here's the latest registration data I found. (Please note that this database counts anything registered after Oct. 1st as a new model year car.)

08 Exige S - 30, 07 Exige S - 273
08 Exige - 8, 07 Exige - 46, 06 Exige - 271
08 Elise - 60, 07 Elise - 599, 06 Elise - 1266, 05 Elise - 2362, 04 Elise 196

#11 ·
Interesting.. Wonder what the state-by-state numbers are.

#15 ·
If you got an 05 Elise before 10/1/04 it shows as a 2004 according to the way the stats are posted. I got my car on 10/7/2004 so it shows as a 2005.

My car was serial number 302 but came in late to port along with some other cars on the east coast due to the hurricanes at the time and I think the 2005models started with serial number 26, so 196 between Chris getting the first one in July and everyone else from then until to October seems right.

#20 ·
6500 feds produced , +/-.

#22 ·
it's a number from Lotus, in the oil line recall stuff

#23 ·
#25 ·
^ 30 total. 27 made it to the U.S, and 3 to Canada. The Sport (S260) was only for the N.American market. The Europeans got the CUP260.

#27 ·
I wonder how many are left ... how many have clean titles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.