The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are we going to be able to tell what number car we had out of the first 2500 or so? I know my prowler was built right along with the vipers and share the same vins so no one really know what number we have on this limited production.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Possibly - I'd suspect that the US cars will be made on their own line given the differences in powertrain and interior.

Then again, you might just get a sequential chassis number that isnt dependant on the final spec of the car so the chassis could end up on the UK or US line.

Even though the 340r was a numbered limited edition there are rumours that a bloke just picked the numbered chassis plate out of a box and fitted it, regardless of the order they actually came off the production line!

·
Registered
637 Posts
moose said:
Possibly - I'd suspect that the US cars will be made on their own line given the differences in powertrain and interior.

Then again, you might just get a sequential chassis number that isnt dependant on the final spec of the car so the chassis could end up on the UK or US line.

Even though the 340r was a numbered limited edition there are rumours that a bloke just picked the numbered chassis plate out of a box and fitted it, regardless of the order they actually came off the production line!
Hm. The VX220 and the S2 elise are built on the same line. Why a different line for the US car?

Craigy

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Craigy

They are not built on the same line. There are two lines - one runs the Elise and one runs the VX220.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts