The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with the idea of painting the oval tail light section on the rear of the car for a while and was curious if anyone had an idea of cost to make that matte black. Just looking for a good range and what would need to be done, so that when I talk to someone I can be smart about it.

Is it $400 or $500???

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of painting the oval tail light section on the rear of the car for a while and was curious if anyone had an idea of cost to make that matte black. Just looking for a good range and what would need to be done, so that when I talk to someone I can be smart about it.

Is it $400 or $500???
If you remove the tail lights and the "LOTUS" letters and do all the masking yourself, you should be able to easily get this done by a professional for around $100. If you don't do the masking or disassembly/reassembly tack on at least another $100.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'd first try blacking it out with something that you can peel off, in case you don't like the look. Hobby stores, especially ones that sell model airplane supplies, should have rolls or sheets of stick-on material (Monokote).

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
SweetDaddyD can make you something ! probably a LOT cheaper !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts