The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of an HRM 05 Krypton Green Elise. When I lock the car with the fob, the lights flash twice (which I'm OK with), and the car beeps twice. Same goes when I unlock the car, only the flash and beep is just once. I'd like to get rid of the beeps. I don't see how to do this in the manual, and I haven't seen it on a search here. The dealer didn't know how to do it either. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Make sure the alarm is unarmed.
Remove power by pulling fuse F11 or disconnecting the battery.
Reconnect power & press remote button “A” within 5 seconds of connecting power.
Michael

I am the new owner of an HRM 05 Krypton Green Elise. When I lock the car with the fob, the lights flash twice (which I'm OK with), and the car beeps twice. Same goes when I unlock the car, only the flash and beep is just once. I'd like to get rid of the beeps. I don't see how to do this in the manual, and I haven't seen it on a search here. The dealer didn't know how to do it either. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure the alarm is unarmed.
Remove power by pulling fuse F11 or disconnecting the battery.
Reconnect power & press remote button “A” within 5 seconds of connecting power.
Michael
Worked perfectly -- thanks Viper

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What is the opposite of this? IE activitating the arming/disarming beeps? I mostly keep the Elise under a cover and locked, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it is locked or unlocked. Having it beep would be great.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Activating the beeping is the same procedure as deactivating.
Additionally, the volume can be increased by entering the programming mode.

ENTERING PROGRAM MODE

STEP 1 – ENTER PIN NUMBER
1) Turn ignition ON and OFF 3 times within 5 seconds.
2) Tachometer security LED will blink once indicating that the security code can now be entered.
3) Enter security code as follows:
....a) Turn ignition ON & count number of blinks representing 1st digit of code then turn ignition OFF.
....b) Repeat for 2nd digit.
....c) Repeat for 3rd digit.
....d) Repeat for 4th digit.
4) Turn ignition ON and security LED will come on permanently if correct code has been entered

STEP 2 – ENTER MODE TABLE *
Press large remote button “A” for 5 seconds, security LED will go OFF & give one long flash indicating now in the MODE table.

STEP 3 – ENTER FUNCTION TABLE *
Turn ignition OFF then ON, security LED will go out and then flash twice indicating now in FUNCTION table.

STEP 4 – SIREN VOLUME
Turn ignition OFF then ON, security LED will go out and then flash three times indicating now in SIREN VOLUME table
Press button “A” to increase volume
Press button “B” to decrease volume

STEP 4 - Turn ignition off to leave & save programming

Michael
What is the opposite of this? IE activitating the arming/disarming beeps? I mostly keep the Elise under a cover and locked, but sometimes it's hard to tell if it is locked or unlocked. Having it beep would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.