The Lotus Cars Community banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I hooked up the sender to ch 1 set the refresh to 2hz and did a math channel to calibrate it to 10.5 gallons. I haven’t ran through a tank yet to see how it works. But it appears to be tracking so far

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I hooked up the sender to ch 1 set the refresh to 2hz and did a math channel to calibrate it to 10.5 gallons. I haven’t ran through a tank yet to see how it works. But it appears to be tracking so far
Does the fuel level fluctuate rapidly as the fuel sloshes around in the tank?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I'd be interested in a walk through of how you accomplished this. Please update when you can... It'd be nice not to have a constantly fluctuating fuel readout.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Butters
Do you have a schematic of how u connected the fuel level sensor to the dash? I Must have missed something as it is not tracking
Mobius0034, sorry, I do not have a schematic of that... :(

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Updating about the limp mode I was experiencing a week or so ago.

Turns out it was indeed a K-Pro initialization error due to low voltage upon startup. The battery had sat off the tender and with the cut-off switch still providing power to the car (and the immobilizer, more importantly) that it didn't have enough juice to start the car properly. And by properly, I mean satisfying the demands of the ECU's K-Pro daughter board initialization. The battery has since been on the tender consistently and the car starts and drives fine.

My thought is to look into upgrading to the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 in the future to prevent this from happening if I forget to put the battery on the tender or am otherwise away from it for an extended period of time. Just would need to figure out a good mounting solution for it since no one seems to make a custom bracket for the Shorai.

·
Banned
65 Posts
I had an AiM MXG in my old RX-7 and had to deal with the fuel sender/readout issue as well. I first connected it to the car's fuel sender with an inline resistor and experienced the same fluctuation in reading, where it was only usable really at a dead stop.

I ended up swapping out the inline resistor to the AiM with an Iron Canyon module and that helped refine the readout greatly: ICM Fuel Sender

You can find out the ohm range of the Lotus' fuel sender and they can build you an ICM accordingly for it

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
man you just about had the worst luck I could even imagine. I'm starting my swap this weekend. Do you have a facebook I would love to chat with you here and there because I know I'll need help eventually

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
man you just about had the worst luck I could even imagine. I'm starting my swap this weekend. Do you have a facebook I would love to chat with you here and there because I know I'll need help eventually
Ruh roh. You're diving in, eh? Why are you swapping? I actually do not have a Facebook account because... screw Zuckerberg, but I am more than happy to chat about the swap. PM me anytime.

·
k24 swapper
192 Posts
I don't think my life will be complete until I daily drive an 800hp 1900lb car. Saturday is when I remove half the car. I can't wait. I'll make a list of questions and hit you with it soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im a new member too LT, but I did a k20 swap to my fathers lotus that is now mine, almost. Im also a shop. I redid the entire electrical instead of piggy-backing. I also used an hondata so I cannot answer much ion the fuel gauge issues. But would love sharing info on these, or gaining a customer (come on, someone do another k swap from me, that was a fun build overall).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Aim needs an averaging math function to handle this. I have tried different settings in aim but the fuel level does wander while driving a bit. It gives a decent estimate though and is good when car is level.

341 - 355 of 355 Posts