The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update. Looks like we've sorted the engine mount issue. Full steam ahead. Should be into the cabin next weekend for wiring madness.

One thing that is outstanding... the exhaust system from HyTech only came with one bung for O2 sensors. Need another one for wideband so we're looking for a good welder in town to help us weld a stainless bung onto the system. But they need to be good. The welds on this system are some of the best I've ever seen and don't want an amateur muddying it up. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Firewall Insulation. Real quick. Here is the firewall insulation going in. Once the motor was settled, there was actually enough room for it. Crazy.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
+1. Need a bung for narrowband (ECU) and another for wideband (AFR gauge).

·
Registered
463 Posts
forgive me if im being somewhat mean, but a wideband is an O2 sensor my friend :sheep:
Yeah. I got that, referring the term o2 sensor in the context of a narrowband.
I was unsure why butters wanted narrowband into the ecu based on it reads very limited information (only +/- 14.7) vs running the wideband into the ecu and the gauge as I did on my last turbo exige? It seems to give the tuner better capabilitys, but maybe it has something to do with the hondata ecu being a stock style ecu?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah. I got that, referring the term o2 sensor in the context of a narrowband.
I was unsure why butters wanted narrowband into the ecu based on it reads very limited information (only +/- 14.7) vs running the wideband into the ecu and the gauge as I did on my last turbo exige? It seems to give the tuner better capabilitys, but maybe it has something to do with the hondata ecu being a stock style ecu?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yea, the hondata hack (er ECU) does allow usage of a wide band, however it requires several mods to the harness that we've got, custom sensor calibration ect, and I'm reluctant to add yet another variable to the mix at this point.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We got the engine bay all buttoned up today! Started in on routing harnesses and wiring up the dash. Ran into some road blocks.

Namely that we cannot upload to the ECU! The software recognizes the ecu is connected, sees that the ignition is on. But when we go to upload a base map, it tells us the upload failed. The relays cycle and everything, but the upload fails. The ecu also blinks red.

Will upload more photos tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
We got the engine bay all buttoned up today! Started in on routing harnesses and wiring up the dash. Ran into some road blocks.

Namely that we cannot upload to the ECU! The software recognizes the ecu is connected, sees that the ignition is on. But when we go to upload a base map, it tells us the upload failed. The relays cycle and everything, but the upload fails. The ecu also blinks red.

Will upload more photos tomorrow.

This has happened to me quite a bit with my kpro as well. Doesn't matter what computer I use it just gets picky sometimes and I have to try again. Try clearing security on it. If it fails that then you are having the same problem that I have from time to time. Maybe Derek can help?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I removed the K24 & supercharger and now have a built 89x90.7 engine ready for the TVS supercharger. Car is slow without any forced induction (only 100 hp over stock).

Post up some pics when you are done I would love to see it. The original work you did was unreal!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

41 - 60 of 355 Posts