The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project interior finished! (for now) and really happy & proud. :cool:

Installed (to be more precise, my garage installed):
- Magnolia leather door sills (w/ black stitched Lotus logo), gear lever cover and hand brake cover all from the Lotus Trim Shop (per Lotus Garage);
- HRM aluminum shifter kit: black gear knob with Lotus Logo and hand brake handle with ‘Elise’ engraved.
- Painted consoles per Chuck Risen http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-painted-center-console-plus-47892/, as stated many times in that thread: top quality work from Chuck.
- My own name plaque (Personalized "Built For ....." car plaques - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community), thanks to Wayne!

Overall really happy with the result: it really upgrades the interior to a more appropriate level without adding weight. That’s nice since you look 99* more at the interior of the car while driving than you’re able to admire the exterior.

I’m just 1.70 meter (5feet and ?? inches) and 130lbs and considering my age still incredibly nimble/supple/elastic/blahblahblah (what a joke) so I’m actually able to get in and out the car without smudging the magnolia sills each time, and it’s leather anyway so pretty easy to clean.

Only thing to do is install the smaller RV mirror (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f172/sale-smaller-rear-view-mirror-kits-29786/ ) and then I’m done. No more pimping for me.

One last thing: I think the installation of the hand brake cover, although very creative, is incorrect: the cover should be pulled over the hand brake before reinstalling the center console. Now the cover rest upon the console. Anybody who can confirm if I’m correct?

Very big pic's underneath!

Attachments

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Very nice :clap:
The second thing that came to mind was the scratching of the sill covers.
But after reading your post (I tend to look at pictures first :p) I saw that you considered that.
I could not do that since I'm 6'1" (183cm), and I constantly scrape my shoes over the sills when getting in and out.
This pictures below show what the hand brake boot looks like on my car.
It is somehow attached to the center console if I remember correctly.
At least I don't remember it being a separate part.

CIMG3227.JPG

CIMG3229.JPG

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These floor mats are hot! I particularly like the driver’s side, where did you get these?

Sh*t, there goes my thread title.
Project interior finished except for floor mats.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
One last thing: I think the installation of the hand brake cover, although very creative, is incorrect: the cover should be pulled over the hand brake before reinstalling the center console. Now the cover rest upon the console. Anybody who can confirm if I’m correct?
Your handbrake cover is installed correctly. The Lotus website shows that style under the gallery for the "California" edition Elise (in black).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good catch! thanks

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I had the heel pad made at ULTIMATE PEDALS
The aluminum carpet buttons are self made, but I think sector111 sells similar ones.
I just mounted the heel pad to the existing floor mat, added a lotus sport patch which I bought off the internet from a guy in Korea, bolted it in with my self made carpet buttons and voila...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Would you mind telling us how much the heel pad cost you? I like it too!

I had the heel pad made at ULTIMATE PEDALS
The aluminum carpet buttons are self made, but I think sector111 sells similar ones.
I just mounted the heel pad to the existing floor mat, added a lotus sport patch which I bought off the internet from a guy in Korea, bolted it in with my self made carpet buttons and voila...

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I think it was somewhere in the $120 range. Not really cheap, but I had to have it :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it was somewhere in the $120 range. Not really cheap, but I had to have it :)
Not cheap but also not unaffordable.
If I may bother you again: do you have a more close up pic of the plate in the car, basically a pic from the point of view of the driver: mat+plate+pedals?
I could imagine more people like it, maybe a nice little group buy from these guys :shrug:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Your handbrake cover is installed correctly. The Lotus website shows that style under the gallery for the "California" edition Elise (in black).
I don't know if it's installed incorectlly. That's how I had to do mine. I tried doing it the other way first and it wouldn't fit. I tried and tried. Then I noticed the velcro that comes with it, it only makes sense to go on the outside like ED has it. Where else would you stick the velcro that comes with it?

Awesome look ED. The sills look real nice in person, and yes he is very nimble at getting in and out. I swore he was an acrabat or something.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if it's installed incorectlly. That's how I had to do mine. I tried doing it the other way first and it wouldn't fit. I tried and tried. Then I noticed the velcro that comes with it, it only makes sense to go on the outside like ED has it. Where else would you stick the velcro that comes with it?

Awesome look ED. The sills look real nice in person, and yes he is very nimble at getting in and out. I swore he was an acrabat or something.
Thanks for your kind comments.

Yes I could go for a acrobat, typically I jump into my car with a double somersault while screaming Yeehaa or something obscene.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yes, that is what I am saying... his (and yours) is installed correctly with the base of the boot on the outside. One side of the velcro is to be installed on each side of the console and the other side of the velcro on the inside of each side of the boot base.

I actually prefer the look of this style boot over mine, but haven't gotten around to ordering your style. I have an after market boot that goes on the inside of the console. Here is a post that shows pictures of mine:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/678797-post26.html

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes, that is what I am saying... his (and yours) is installed correctly with the base of the boot on the outside. One side of the velcro is to be installed on each side of the console and the other side of the velcro on the inside of each side of the boot base.

I actually prefer the look of this style boot over mine, but haven't gotten around to ordering your style. I have an after market boot that goes on the inside of the console. Here is a post that shows pictures of mine:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/678797-post26.html
Baysailor,

Sorry about that. I misread your post. Was at work, in a rush, after a long weekend and flight back home. We missed our plane and then got delayed by a few hours on our second flight. Never travel on a Holiday.

Your right, and ED, don't worry, it's installed correctly according to your pic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts