The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
:up: Can't wait to see the final result, hopefully he will go for the non S&M style this time and leave out "the gimp" rivets - did not care for that look in the last iteration of the car. That last rear 1/4 shot is dead sexy ! Good to see his chassis was not ruined in the road mismatch encounter.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think I just fell in love. I wish I woke up with that in my garage...

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,891 Posts
What are the details on the engine? He's not getting 550 hp out of a 2ZZ is he???

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think someone got 550 out of an Audi engine (according to a youtube video I watched a while back). If you were getting 550 out of a 2zz, you wouldn't be for long :eek:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
It's a 2zz, and he's been getting between 400 and 600hp for the last 2 years I think.

(Ronin is the one who did alot of R&D along with CharlieX for the Katana supercharger)

He is currently turbocharged.

·
Registered
682 Posts
[foot in mouth]

Wow!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Why the hell can't we bring Ronin back. He has personally done more for the Lotus community than everyone else combined IMHO (Ronin/Charlie). Seriously, this is BS and this place is getting stone cold boring. The potential of our platform is staggering and he is one of the few that not only realizes it but is making it happen. Also, you can't say he is not colorful!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Why the hell can't we bring Ronin back. He has personally done more for the Lotus community than everyone else combined IMHO (Ronin/Charlie). Seriously, this is BS and this place is getting stone cold boring. The potential of our platform is staggering and he is one of the few that not only realizes it but is making it happen. Also, you can't say he is not colorful!
Not sure that he would want to be back, and if you want to play the game the way he wants to play the game there is someplace to go.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Jeez. Not again... :wallbang:

You can find him on the other forum.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Not that I was casing the pictures for potential spare parts, but...

In some pictures the car has 5 lug rear wheels, in others it has 4. Now will they fit my car or wont they??

Love the car. I think that's how my car pictures its self when it dreams!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
from what i have read over there.i dont think he wants to come back.he talks a lot of s$%$t about lotus talk people over on that forum.i like what he has done with the turbo kit and all.the car looks great.i just wish he would lighten up on the bashing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ronin is a wild animal....when is he gonna put on some wings and just turn it into an airplane? It's probably faster than a fighter jet!

1700lbs (?) and 550HP...that's:

.324hp/lb. RONIN EXIGE :bow:
.251 McLaren F1
.230 Bugatti Veyron
.219 Ferrari Enzo
.213 Randy Chase's 500HP Noble M400

I think the Lotus community should all pitch in and give him a Lotus "Hall of Fame" plaque. I'll start with a $5 donation...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts