The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

PROJECT l PinkPanther

32K views 130 replies 61 participants last post by  shay2nak 
#1 ·
DAY ONE l FIRST BEFORE PICS

This gorgeous ride belongs to one of our more artistic customers! On friday we recieved a much smaller version of her car with a creative idea for a paint job!

So now his baby is about to go under the knife and have a complete color change :crazyeyes can you guys/gals guess the result :shrug:

See less See more
#17 · (Edited)
I am not a big fan of pink (probably because I can only see the very bright shades), but it is really interesting to see how much of a stigma it has here in the US. In Italy some of of the major football (that's soccer) team colors feature pink, Palermo are known as the Rosanero - the pink and blacks. Funny to see the cultural differences, you won't see Italian guys ashamed of wearing pink soccer jerseys or clothes, or driving pink cars.

If I remember correctly there are similar hangs ups on colors in some of the Asian cultures,
but for good luck bad luck reasons vs straight or gay reasons?

SCC wow those paint jobs are amazing as usual :up:

#21 ·
I am not a big fan of pink (probably because I can only see the very bright shades), but it is really interesting to see how much of a stigma it has here in the US. In Italy some of of the major football (thats soccer) team colors feature pink, Palermo are known as the Rosanero - the pink and blacks. Funny to see the cultural differences, you won't see Italian guys ashamed of wearing pink soccer jerseys or clothes, or driving pink cars.

If I remember correctly there are similar hangs ups on colors in some of the Asian cultures,
but for good luck bad luck reasons vs straight or gay reasons?

SCC wow those paint jobs are amazing as usual :up:
Thats because americans are always trying to "fit in." Pink is a girl color, blue is boy. Whatever. If a news broadcast was put out that green is femanine color guys here wouldnt wear green anymore. I'd take a pink enzo anyday. I like the more magenta brighter side than the lighter pinks but thats just me. Pink its just a watered down red. Pink with a black racing stripe would be nice.

#18 ·
only the worlds best get to wear pink, aparrently Lance is intimidated by pink...

Attachments

#20 ·
Is it going to be a baby flat pink or a metallic dark pink? I think a metallic dark pink would be cool, kind of like this one:

#22 ·
Inquiring minds want to know (especially those of us - well, ME - who bringing our car in soon for some touch up)... How much is a total color change on an Elise?

#27 ·
Where's SweetDaddyD's handiwork on the candy red picture ????

#32 ·
Precious in Pink Wedensdays

Back in the go go 90's Wednesday was "precious in pink" day where I worked. Many guys wore pink shirts on Wednesdays.

Of course it was a Information Technology department. The brief pink power shirt craze had come and gone so there were good buys on the out of style colored shirts. After a while the practice faded out ;). All the local stores had sold out their pink shirts and there were no more deals.

Leave it to a bunch of programmers to figure out a way to take advantage of discounted, poorly styled cloths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.