The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! As you already know, Lotus is planing to release a new redesigned Elise in 2015. Judging from the concept vehicle they have shown the new model will be very different from the S1 and S2 models, in both styling and mechanics. Now, I am under the impression that most of us could live with a bit extra weight because the new car will be more powerful, however most of us don´t like how the thing looks! I know I don´t. As I said, my impression, correct me if I am wrong.

So, what I´d like to do is design a alternative 2015 Elise with your feedback and show´em how it should be done! Who´s with me?

Edit:
To get things going we can establish what defines a Elise design-wise, things that we´d like to keep. Than we can think about things from the concept that we´d like to incorporate in our design. My thoughts:

Things that define a Elise:
1.Smiling air intake at the front
2.Radiator air exit at the top of the front clam
3.Removable top
4.Side intakes
5.Round rear lights
6.The elipse around the rear lights
7.Sexy, round shapes with few lines/edges

Things I like in the concept
1.Glass roof

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually I do like the new look but I cannot see how/if the top comes out. One thing at the moment I would do is configure a removable hardtop to be somehow stored in the car rather than leaving it at home. And the other is that I do like the side scoop design on the S2 so somehow incorporate those and last not the least have driving lights and a rear spoiler. I am sure that once I really start to give it a bit more thought, I would like something different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
fromvinnie, the top is non-removable on the concept-car, if you look closely you´ll notice this. Do you think that our design should be closer to the current model or the concept? We could make place in the front for the hardtop (koenigsegg-style), but that would mean that that radiator air will be exiting in the wheel wells and not in front of the windshield like it does on the current models making it worse aerodynamic-wise. For the rear I was thinking a hydraulic wing. Think of the current model and imagine a part of the rear coming up like this http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/klm/2008-Lexus-LF-A-Roadster-Concept-Rear-Wing-Side-1024x768.jpg the disadvantage being added weight - not something Chapman would do

·
Registered
18 Posts
If its going to be a redesign, then it isn't an Elise. Another name perhaps. Would it be a 112?

I would hate to see the car go the way of the Esprit, or any car like that...Just gets fatter and fatter. Redesign, make it better at what it does best.

Leo

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
If its going to be a redesign, then it isn't an Elise. Another name perhaps. Would it be a 112?

I would hate to see the car go the way of the Esprit, or any car like that...Just gets fatter and fatter. Redesign, make it better at what it does best.

Leo
This thread is 1 1/2 years old and the big plan of Mr. Bahar as well as Mr. Bahar himself have been axed in the meantime -poke-

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would suspect that at some point the Elise as we know it will go away. I hope just not the way Elvis did. I really cant stand when a model name is used for more than one design type, such as the Elan. Even in Military applications such as the Corsair and the Lightning. I see no reason for it.

That my friend was the point.

Leo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts