The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the story. Wheels were delivered polished, had the tires mounted and the guy told me they wouldn't balance 100%. I knew 3 piece wheels were hard to get 100%, but thought he was exaggerating a bit.
Anyway, the next morning I go out the drive the car and one of my front tires is flat.... Took the wheel off, drowned it in water and realized the wheel was leaking b/w three pieces(I sold the stock wheels a few days before these arrived.) Kodiak said I could send the once back, but did not offer to pay for dismounting the wheel. I also didn't want to wait another 2+ months while my car sits on jack stands. ****, I've been waiting over six months for center cap adaptors(Kodiak said in an email that the economy has hit them hard and that is part of the reason they have not made them.)
Because they were leaking I decided to take them apart and have them coated black. Well, got them back together and the front two still won't balance.... Also, one of the rears is still leaking b/w the seal. They do look nice though!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Open to any offers. They will prob. serve as a tool to mount my water hose, or air hose if nobody takes them off my hands.
If Kodiak actually gave a damn, I'd pay to have them melted down(b/c of the endless headaches)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't ask for a refund, just wanted them to work for me..... After they had been coated, I knew I couldn't ask. I ended up getting a set of Team Dynamics 1.4s, and will never again go the "custom" 3 piece wheel route (Almost had CCW make me some wheels, but Kodiak left a real bad taste in my mouth)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

They are 16x7F, 17x8R

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Wheels, not as pretty.. But it's nice to feel comfortable having "fun"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I doubt it. They would have fixed the initial leak, although now that they have been coated I doubt they will touch them. With the way the economy is they don't even have time to machine center cap adaptors, doubt they have time to fix wheels for "free." The porsche wheels they have on order are top priority. BS!!!
I'm not the only one that had issues with these wheels(A few have mentioned issues when balancing.) As far as I know I'm the only one that had problems with leaks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fikse makes some nice wheels. I had no problems with my I-Forged or Kinesis wheels I had on my previous vehicles either....

I will never again do business with Kodiak, and I don't recommend anyone on here do it either. Someone on the forum PM'd me and told me he had very similar issues when delivered(I'm not the only one that had a leak!)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not screaming or yelling... I did that enough to myself when I couldn't drive my car for 3+ months. I am merely stating facts. I do have emails that I have saved stating that the wheels were leaking the day they were mounted(April 16th at 10:39:12 AM CDT. is when I received your response about the issue... If you would like the response I would be happy to post it) My option was sending the wheel back or sealing them myself. After my initial wait I thought it would be best if I did it myself(Especially being I sold my stock wheels a few days before they arrived.)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wheels are no longer for sale, Kodiak is trying their best to help me fix them!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Correct, I am the original owner. Despite me having them coated, they are still helping me resolve the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts