The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hadn't realized that Kodiak didn’t sell them to you. The 2nd party thing always makes things trickier than if you were the original purchaser. Many companies terminate the warranty arrangement when the transfer of ownership happens. I take back my ding on Kodiak for helping you out, they really don't have any obligation to do so IMO.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The way I read it, toptechexperts bought his directly from Kodiak as part of the LT group buy. Kodiak1 was just relaying an anecdote about how helpful they had been to another customer.

gm

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Correct, I am the original owner. Despite me having them coated, they are still helping me resolve the issue.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
whoops! glad you’re working it out. I misread Kodiak's post, move along, nothing to see here!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi,
Hopefully this clarifies things and puts some of these issues to rest. By the way, it doesnt matter to us if a customer has done some work to the wheels themselves, we will still do what we can to ensure that they are happy with their wheel purchase.

Daryle
Kodiak Motorsports Inc.
Daryle (dwysywd)

I personally tried to call you several times and sent a few emails with NO RESPONSE. If you didn't want to make the center caps then you shouldn't have agreed to do so. The 1 conversation we did have which was before I attempted to mount my wheels, YOU stated that you were in the process of making the center caps and they were going out on Friday. THAT NEVER HAPPENED and based on your previous post I guess a bold faced lie.

Now let's get right to the heart of the matter. When I received my wheels 3 out of the 4 wheels would not balance (sound familiar) BECAUSE THE INNER RIMS WERE OUT OF ROUND and 1 leaked air slowly (also sound familiar). I had to have Dan The Wheel Doctor fix all 4 wheels at $100.00 each and tooled my own center caps out of billet aluminum at the cost of about $200.00 Now the wheels balance perfectly and the center caps turned out fantastic. No thanks to Kodiak.

Daryle, your customer service skills truly suck which is more than likely why your business is in the dumper and you had to let people go. Your product looks good but the build quality is extremely poor.

Now you want to know what the DWYSYWD is next to your name above???

It stands for Do What You Say You Will Do!!!!! A lesson in life that you obviously missed along the way...

I got sucked into that group buy and it caused me a lot of heart-ache and stress not to mention extra money ($600.00+). I had to tool my own center caps and pay to have all 4 wheels fixed. When I couldn't get service from Kodiak, I didn't complain on the forum, I just pulled myself up by the jock-strap and made it work. The only reason I'm posting now is I truly disliked your attitude in your post and hopefully people will see there's more than just one person that has had trouble with Kodiak Wheels. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH KODIAK WHEELS AGAIN NOR SHOULD ANYONE ELSE IF THEY HAVE ANY SENSE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bull30,

Nobody said the business was in the dumper, just slowed down. Maybe your right, I shouldn't have agreed to do the caps if I wasnt sure I could get them done when I said. I'll take the hit for that. As you stated it cost you $200 to make a set, it costs me the same, times 5, so that means I'm eating $1000 to help out. Name one wheel manufactuer that would do that. The group buy was supposed to be 10 people but only 5 ordered, I held the price even though we can't really afford to build the wheels for that price. It's not an excuse but give us a break here. We are doing what we can to work with our customers. As far as the centercaps go, I have the material here as well as the program done, I simply haven't run the parts yet, so it wasn't a bold face lie. A paying job comes in the door and that takes priority over something we were going to do for free to help out, I told that to the gentleman that set up the group buy and he was ok with it. I'm not sure how your wheels were out of round, but feel free to have the Wheel doctor fellow call me, I'm interested in what he did. We are a small company, believe it or not, and we do what we can to sort out any issues. If you were unhappy with the product because of a runout or balance issue you could have sent the wheels back and we would have rechecked and fixed any issues. We don't just sell stuff and say screw you. In fact I'll tell you what I'll do, send me the receipt from the wheel guy and I will cover the cost. Your on your own on the centercaps. I don't think I have an attitude problem, I have been open on a public forum and have offered to work the issues out, even with people that have bought used wheels from other customers. We sell lots of wheels per year, we have very few issues but like all manufacturers we have some. You have to remember that every set we sell is different that the next, so it is alot more difficult to standardize the system. We stand behind our product and will continue to do so. Thats all we can do. I don't like emailing or posting on forums because many times the intent is lost or it comes out sounding wrong. I have put the offer forward its up to you to accept. At this stage you have said your peace and I have said mine. Hopefully you will be satisfied. Take care.

Daryle
Kodiak

·
Registered
354 Posts
Daryl,

You're not eating anything because you never followed through on your initial promise. You shouldn't have made the wheels if you didn't have the 10 needed. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

As far as giving you a break because you are trying to work with your customers. Oh please, give me a break, you did NOTHING to work with me much less return my calls or emails. I've personally received phone calls from others involved in the group buy. The people I spoke with all complained about your of service and lack of response to their issues. You know the old "IGNORE THE PROBLEM AND MAYBE IT WILL GO AWAY."

I will get you the receipt for fixing the wheels. Let's see how you handle this opportunity. As far as the center caps are concerned, I wrote you off a long time ago and tooled them myself. I knew then that you were not going to follow through on your promise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bull30,

Obviously nothing will make you happy, now your mad because I gave you a deal as well, geez. I never ignore customers. If I didn't care I wouldnt be responding to you now. I checked my email records and I responded to everyone you sent me and I received. Like I said, send me the receipt and I'll cover your costs. Have a good weekend.

Daryle
Kodiak

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bull30,

Obviously nothing will make you happy, now your mad because I gave you a deal as well, geez. I never ignore customers. If I didn't care I wouldnt be responding to you now. I checked my email records and I responded to everyone you sent me and I received. Like I said, send me the receipt and I'll cover your costs. Have a good weekend.

Daryle
Kodiak
Daryle,

Don't lie just to make yourself look good... You responded to a couple emails then ignored when you fell short of your promises on the center caps. You NEVER returned my phone calls. You NEVER responded to any of my calls or emails when I discovered later that the wheels were out of round and leaked air. I figure you don't have any intentions of making good on your offer to reimburse. You didn't make good on your offer to make the center caps. Now you want us to believe you care. I'll send you the receipt and we shall see how good your word is.

WHAT F'N DEAL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I ENDED UP SHELLING OUT OF MY POCKET OVER $600.00 TO FIX YOUR CRAPPY WHEELS. I could have bought the Lotus Sport wheels for what I ended spending on your wheels.

Daryle, you should also be making good your promise to make the center caps for people or at least an adapter ring. I don't need them but others do.

Don't bother answering me on this forum as I've had enough of your diatribe. Do everyone that bought these wheels a favor and make good your promise to make center caps. Show us that your word is more than just an empty promise.

Also, who are you to make the statement "Obviously nothing will make you happy"??? You never have taken the time to find out what would make me happy. Frankly, I was quite content taking care of my own problems and writing you off as a lost cause and a lesson learned. Your the one that stirred the pot with your arrogant attitude. So, let's put your money where your mouth is, let's see you make good these wheels and center caps for the others in the group buy. As for me, I'm quite content. Willing to get reimbursed but then again when it comes to Kodiak I have very low expectations. :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was also a member of the group buy. My wheels are perfect. Ordered and delivered as promised. They are round, light, hold air, and look great. I will admit that Daryle is a little on the hard side to get a hold of. It took a few emails and voicemails before I would typically hear back. A dedicated office manager would go a long way to bring Kodiak's customer relations and comunications up to the standard of their wheels.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts